I Got Fired
- Everyone was looking at me asking if I was alright. Two weeks later I went into depression and then manic mania, diagnosed one year later with Bipolar.
- I got a job as a beauty therapy. Which i've to learn first before they sent you to their main salon. My second week of work was to take out my uniform from that unlock cupboard which I usually kept it there. But it went missing. So I ordered the new piece, they were fine. The next day, the boss couldn't accept me. I was pressured to sentence my statements on how did I lose my uniform. I paid the lost item and in the end they just ask me to pack and leave on the spot. I was happy to leave because i would not get any of my pay till I get sent over to the salon. Or I'll have to pay $3,000 for a year contract.
"Life is too short"
- Worked for a company who had a VP who could be a bear. A co-worker left for lunch and when she didn't return, the VP checked her desk. There was a note saying "Life is too short, I quit".
- —Guest Lisa
- I worked for a small company and the CEO was quirky to say the least. One day, while walking down a relatively busy street, we disagreed about the subject and she became so angry she started jumping up and down in the middle of the street screaming and crying. I quit a couple days later, but wasn't entirely honest about why. I just couldn't say "You're insane".
- —Guest Meri
- I got a job as a bank teller. On the second day, I got *really* sick and had to leave and was gone for the rest of the week. The next week they sent me to the motor bank. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but on Friday they called me in and fired me. The lady at the job agency where I got the job said that if the woman in the bank's personnel department had not been out that day, I would have been talked to but not fired. So I never really knew what the problem was - but oh GOD I was embarrassed!
- Sexual Harassment---I do not care to share---it was not fair-----is all I can say--including unethical, immoral, and very unprofessional---it left me with reason to believe that instead of persing a lawsuit I just prayed a real lot that this doesn't reoccur in any other form of employment--only to have another situation of not sexual but just harassment with corrupt undertones. I can say and assume anything I want---because i know it is true-----and unfortunate it is not what you know it is who you know.
- —Guest Misty
It Was Too Hot
- This was probably the worst way to quit, but I was working on the 3rd floor of a bed & breakfast in 100 degree weather. I thought I was going to faint it was so hot. So, I emailed the owner and told her I couldn't work there anymore. She was crazy, so I didn't want to tell her to her face because she would have yelled me.
- —Guest Katie
Helping Out When Sick
- I worked with someone who was really ill and going out on disability. She not only offered to help train a replacement, she offered to help long-distance from home and even from the hospitality.
- —Guest Vince Dolan
- One of my co-workers didn't call, didn't turn in his resignation, didn't show up for work. The boss called his house a few times and only got an answering machine. So, we figured he'd quit. He never came back to work or called.
- —Guest Eliza
Left a Note on the Supervisor's Desk
- We had a new secretary who only lasted about a week. One Monday morning we came in to work only to find a note on our supervisor's desk saying she had quit and wouldn't be back.
- —Guest Sharon Browne
Previous16-25 of 25