Have to pick Mom Up
- I once told my boss that my mom had gone shopping and accidentally spent her bus fare money and she had no way of getting back home.
- —Guest my bird
- If your house is on well water, say that the well pump was struck by lighting . No water, so you needed to go to a relatives to shower.
- —Guest George
What's Going Around
- Just about anytime you tell someone that you have that (fill in the blank) that's going around, they will recall someone they know, or maybe even themselves, having been ill with it recently. Just don't use it too often and you should be fine.
- —Guest Henry
- Use the kids as an excuse. They can't doubt it and then you don't have to pretend to be ill at all, obviously not too bad though (don't tempt fate). Fever and diarrhea should cover it.
- —Guest Tommy lad
- We got burgled in the night. My husband has nearly killed the offender. He is in custody right now.
- —Guest HRH Clare
- I called in and told the "Boss" that I had a recital to go to for my daughter but I only call in when I know she won't answer/
- —Guest n_fresh33
- I get no personal/ sick days. All time off is counted against you. For every 40 hrs of missed work you lose an hour of vacation pay for each vacation. We work 60plus hrs a week 6 days a week 10-12hr shifts. The company chooses our vacation time for us and our monthly production bonus suffers by a quarter for missing one day during the month (about $200) but they will accept any excuse you give them for missing no more than 2 days of work (they get a higher production bonus cause there's 200 more dollars in the pot to divide). I can't afford to go to an interview. The production bonus is usually 500-600 per month but take taxes and 200 off that. I have 4 kids and a great wife with a understanding boss to make it work. I need a "call in dead" day.
- —Guest greenie
School Related Excuse
- I've gotten out of work by saying stuff like "I can't come in because i have a major paper due on Tuesday." or "i need to study for my finals for tomorrow" usually works. Just make sure you use them appropriately.
- —Guest Erica
- One night I was with the lads, we went to the pub and got really bloody drunk. I had to work the next morning, called my boss the next morning. I told him that I had alcohol poisoning and have to get my stomach pumped. I've never had alcohol poisoning. :)
- —Guest Suggs
Employers Can't Handle the Truth
- I recently heard my supervisor say to be honest about taking days off, however, we all know that's a lie...because they can't handle it. I noticed the first thing that comes out of her mouth every time someone wants to take a day off is..."What's wrong?" There is not always something wrong, could it be "we" just don't want to come today, lol. I use that one time. I was actually at the gas station filling up and decided I was not going in, so I called in and told her I was taking a personal day. When she asked what was wrong, I said nothing, I'm fine, I just do not want to come in today. That seemed to not set well with her. All I say is be careful what you ask for lol.
- —Guest koolatease
- Be 3 hours late and say your girlfriend had false labor.
- —Guest mbaly
- I found that food poisoning is the best go to for getting out of work because it can strike at any time and everyone knows how bad it can be.
- —Guest Storm
- Tell them your contacts ran out and you lost your glasses & without then you cannot see. Works for me!
- —Guest Anndrea Blanco
- This once worked for me. When I first got into work i had a friend call my work acting like my uncle and telling a co worker that I needed to leave now because someone in my family just got in a bad accident.
- —Guest rob stoner
Not Okay with the Boss
- I was in the hospital for my diabetes. I called in and even brought a doctor's excuse to my boss. She told me it wasn't an excuse to miss work and that the doctors excuse didn't mean anything to them.
- —Guest Lilly