Kids School Excuse
- Say that your kid has a school play or that they got in trouble and you have to pick them up and take them home but there's no one to watch them.
- —Guest No work 4 me
- My wife had an episode at work. She has a serious sciatic nerve issue. She was giving morphine and needs me to be there to look over her.
- —Guest that dude
- My grandma just came home from the hospital today and she needs someone to stay with her tomorrow so I can't come in.
- —Guest LazyDayz
Waiting for the Police
- Tell your boss that there was some criminal activity near your house and you need to wait to talk to the police and fill out a report.
- —Guest Guest excuse
- Just say that you or your kid have burned yourself / themself and you really need to go home / stay at home.
- —Guest Guest excuse
Excuses for missing work
- I'm mentally ill. I can't stop crying and I know I will be unable to concentrate on my job.
- —Guest Deb
Bad Bad Food
- Went to dinner last nite with some friends at a Seafood restaurant and haf some calamari for an appetizer. It was kinda a mushy and maybe a little undercooked but ate it anyway. Started complaining about feeling ill on the way home and got worse. Needless to say, spent a lot of time in the bathroom the remainder of the eveing. Food poisioning is a bitch...
- —Guest say what....
Vague truth is better than lying
- I'm not a big fan of lying, so if I don't have a legitimate reason, or if I have an interview with another company, I just say I need time off because of "personal reasons" or sometimes "family reasons." My supervisor doesn't ask questions and I don't have to lie. Win :)
- —Guest Nate
- My bird got ahold of a bottle of alka seltzer and exploded.
- —Guest joe bob
Best Excuse Ever... Needed Evidence
- I woke up one morning for work and followed my daily routine: took out my beautiful snake, and sat down at my computer with a bowl of cereal on the table and the snake in my lap. While reading an absorbing email, she happened to slip out of my lap, up on to the table... and was halfway inside my printer before I realized where she was going! I had to call in to work to say I was going to be late because I had to extract my snake from my printer. My boss said I had 2 minutes to text him a picture of the snake in the printer or I was fired. I took the picture, sent it, and got to keep my job. It took me over 2 hours to get her out, but it was the funniest reason I've ever had to miss work.
- —Guest shakil shah
This Excuse Works
- I broke out in hives and am unable to go to work because being I'm super-medicated with Benedryl.
- —Guest Coqui
- I once tried to once tell my manager that my alarm clock never went off due to power failure on my street. Turns out he lived a block over and knew it didn't go out. Didn't work.
- —Guest kevin
My Wife or Child Did It
- Well, you say that yesterday my wife/husband or my child went to get something out of the car. It could be a toy, phone, iPod or anything else and she/he did not shut the the car door properly and the battery ran flat so I do not have a car to drive to work today. (P.S. I am only 10 so sorry for my spelling. This happened to me once and my dad could not get to work. And his boss let him take some days of and I got to take off some days of school hehe.)
- —Guest Zoe
Death in the Family
- Just call in and say you just got the news that a family just passed away. Go to the computer, copy an obituary notice and and give it to your boss when you go back to work.
- —Guest jose
Doctor's Appointment Excuse
- If I've got an interview, I always use the scheduled doctor's appointment excuse. I try to change out of my interview suit so no one is the wiser.
- —Guest Rrite