This Excuse Works
- I broke out in hives and am unable to go to work because being I'm super-medicated with Benedryl.
- —Guest Coqui
- I once tried to once tell my manager that my alarm clock never went off due to power failure on my street. Turns out he lived a block over and knew it didn't go out. Didn't work.
- —Guest kevin
My Wife or Child Did It
- Well, you say that yesterday my wife/husband or my child went to get something out of the car. It could be a toy, phone, iPod or anything else and she/he did not shut the the car door properly and the battery ran flat so I do not have a car to drive to work today. (P.S. I am only 10 so sorry for my spelling. This happened to me once and my dad could not get to work. And his boss let him take some days of and I got to take off some days of school hehe.)
- —Guest Zoe
Death in the Family
- Just call in and say you just got the news that a family just passed away. Go to the computer, copy an obituary notice and and give it to your boss when you go back to work.
- —Guest jose
Doctor's Appointment Excuse
- If I've got an interview, I always use the scheduled doctor's appointment excuse. I try to change out of my interview suit so no one is the wiser.
- —Guest Rrite
- I lost my dentures and I am afraid that it could bite someone.
- —Guest roland tenorio
- This friend of mine who works at our store once had a kid cancel because he couldn't miss the newest Harry Potter movie, and had to wait in line for four hours just to see it.
- —Guest Israphel
- I had a girl tell me she couldn't come in because someone stole her water pipes.
- —Guest kristen
- Whenever you need to leave work early just run up to your boss when you're ready and tell him/her you shi***ed on yourself - works everytime.
- —Guest kyng meaty
- No excuse necessary - I was pregnant at the time :)
- —Guest Turkey Pie
Got Pulled Over
- Say a cop pulled me over and towed my car and I got lost. Well, I was kicking rocks. I hit a guy in the eye and I had to carry him to the doctors and I left my phone at home and I left my keys in the car.
- —Guest GUY :)
- Witnessed a crime or accident and was taken by the authorities to give testimony.
- —Guest Danmath
Best excuse ever... needed evidence
- I woke up one morning for work and followed my daily routine: took out my beautiful snake, and sat down at my computer with a bowl of cereal on the table and the snake in my lap. While reading an absorbing email, she happened to slip out of my lap, up on to the table... and was halfway inside my printer before I realized where she was going! I had to call in to work to say I was going to be late because I had to extract my snake from my printer. My boss said I had 2 minutes to text him a picture of the snake in the printer or I was fired. I took the picture, sent it, and got to keep my job. It took me over 2 hours to get her out, but it was the funniest reason I've ever had to miss work.
- —Guest Leah
- Took my children by the store before work, tried to take a short cut and "got stuck on the ice". Could not go forward or backwards. Boss said, Good one, he is keeping a list and going to publish a book.
- —Guest Louise
If you live where is snows
- The snow plow broke down in front of my driveway and I can't get out to come to work. I they move it in time I'll be in. But of course when you go in the next day, you say it was there all day long.
- —Guest Geri Morrow