- My mom( or dad, brother, etc) was in a car wreck. I used this one last night to go home early. I'm thinking about taking today off then when I go back, I'll tell them it wasn't too bad. She had whiplash, bruised ribs and a cracked collarbone.
- —Guest Casey
Dog was Alone at Home
- I will not be able to work today, as I have the responsibility of feeding my dog as there is no one at home, except me and my dog. Thank you. Sorry
- —Guest Rajesh
Pick Up My Sister from Airport
- I told my boss that my sister is coming. It is her ffirst time flying and I had to go and pick her up.
- —Guest Joy
Intermittent Ignition, Car Won't Run
- You have been having a problem with your truck quitting with no explanation. You will need to wait for a tow and find another way into work.
- —Guest Kolton Johnson
- You're in debt And will lose your house so you have to spend all day in court to save your house .
- —Guest niamh Rafferty
Non-Tragic Family Event
- Say that you have a family commitment. If your boss asks what it is say that it is a surprise X year's birthday party for Y relative. It works. Also if you work in fast food a head cold or a chest infection is enough.
- —Guest Mr X
- I was in a car with friends and they hit a pedestrian. The pedestrian is fine but they want everyone to stay to view the scene.
- —Guest Ellie
Bad but it Gets it Done!
- I called in and said I had a family emergency just happened. I had to go into detail so I said my cousin lost her baby and we have to go to the hospital ASAP! I know it's horrible but hey it worked. Tragedy always works.
- —Guest JCuts
- Just say you ate the desiccant packet by mistake (you realize it fell in you smoothie in the blender) and you have to go to the emergency room. But the desiccant is made of silica and is non toxic. The warning is more about the risk of choking on the little package. But you were panicking right? ;-)
- —Guest Shannah
- I woke up in a bad mood, and I don't think I should come in today because I might start yelling at someone.
- —Guest pete
- As you only pay me minimum wage I can't afford the fuel to get to work today as I had electricity and water bills to pay this week. True story !!
- —Guest Ben
- I have pink eye or my child does. It's very contagious.
- —Guest veronica
- The garage door broke which strands your car because you literally can't open it since it is the broken spring that requires a garage door specialist to fix......
Headphones Stuck in Ear
- I once said I had a part of my headphones stuck in my ear and that I had to go to the emergency to get it out.
- —Guest Anonymous
Helping a Relative
- Your relative had unexpected car trouble and she needs you to pick up her kids.
- —Guest Homie