If you need a different excuse, here are even more work excuses you can use when you need to take time off from your job.
- We lock the door at home before bed, and I woke up the next day and couldn't find my key to get out.
- —Guest Elle
- I called in with doctor's note because I was shot. I never told the boss it was with a nerf gun to the eye.
- —Guest jgk
- My employee overslept. I said, "This is not college. You have a job. Be responsible. Get to sleep early."
- —Guest guest
A Co-Workers Excuse
- She would hit the yard sales in the a.m. and that was her excuse for being late. She called in sick one day when she was working the AMA's as a seat warmer. Then she came in and the boss's wife had seen her there. It didn't matter, she talked so much she would have told us anyway. She never got fired because she was sleazy and the boss thought maybe he stood a chance with her. He liked her white trash personality.
- —Guest Monica
Ran Out of Gas
- I actually did run out of gas, and called my insurance for road side assistance. They assisted me, but it took forever. But it could work as a good one because I got receipt from the guy with legit info.
- —Guest azpiscesgem
It's Called a Taxi or Carpooling
- I had an employee call in because his car was in the shop and it wouldn't be out by the time his shift started.
- —Guest Mack
- Having contemplated the universe for the last forty eight hours, I have attained true enlightenment and must use this fleeting period of clarity to explore the disconnectedness of my secular and spiritual life. I expect to be better by Thursday.
- —Guest Aeomer
Not the Sharpest Tack in the Box
- A (male) called in because "his cervix was hurting."
- —Guest twocents
- I have had a nose bleed and it won't stop, since this morning when I woke up. I will go to the clinic now (but it was true).
- —Guest matshediso
You're not fooling anyone
- I've personally been responsible for voting out potential job candidates, one for using sick days for personal time and another for not being able to drive in 3 miles on ice when I drove in 52 miles on ice. Remember the "real workers" that are never sick will have the opportunity to dismiss the potential job candidates with excuses. You're not fooling anyone...works "once" only.
- —Guest Mark
- Needs to stay off his leg until the swelling goes down.
- —Guest ricardo walden
boss Had Sore Feet
- A former boss of mine (she got let go eventually) called in and said she could not come to work because she had sore feet!
- —Guest Laura
Stubbed Toe and Bad Corn
- We have had one employee call in because she stubbed her toe and another ate bad corn.
- —Guest M.A.
I Have PMS
- Once I had an employee who said that her PMS was too much so she wasn't coming in. Hmmmm.....I should try that one.
- —Guest Sylvia
I Have a Headache
- I have an employee who calls in all the time with a headache - not a migraine or anything serious, just a headache.
- —Guest Jane McIntire
It Was Too Hot
- This was a pretty bad excuse, but I did use it once. The office was too hot and I didn't like working without the air conditioning.