- I wanted to be a dancer for quite a while but I really don't know if that's the right choice financially. I don't know if I'll make it in auditions and I don't know if I'll get paid enough. I also heard that fine arts majors don't get paid a lot. What do I do?
- —Guest Confused Chris
- I'm fourteen and I'm so positive I will go to Law School and become a Detective. Not sure exaclty where and what kind yet, but Law and Order: SVU Inspired me. A lot. And that's what I wanna be. :)
- —Guest Sierra The Best
Not Knowing is so Stressful
- I have been good at art as long as I can remember but I am not patient enough to learn techniques and it would never make the living that my parents want me to make. All my life my parents have made decisions for me and I let them because at least if something goes wrong it would be their fault. But I am 20 now and I am ready to make my own mistakes and stop letting them do it for me. I am in college doing Electrical Engineering and I have really immature classmates who hate being in Engineering too. We make a sulky bunch but I want to get out of it. I want to be passionate about something. I want to love doing what I do, it doesn't matter if it gets stressful, I want to strive in my chosen field. But what do I choose? Its not art because I am not great at it. It's just a hobby. And it is not even funny when I am good at everything that I do. What do I do?
- —Guest Arya
- When I grow up, I want to be an actress. I love watching movies and celebrities' interviews. I always wanted to become famous, pictures of me everywhere. I always imagine myself riding a limo, walking down the red carpet, and winning the Oscars. And the thing I love most is that I can see myself as a really talented and professional person. But I'm not sure that I can do it. I see a lot of celebrities struggles to be an actor/actress.. I'm not sure that I can make it far. I'm not sure that I can handle critiques and rejections. I'm not sure if I can stand paparazzis following me around. And I'm not sure I'm capable of being an actress.
- —Guest Vanessa
- So much going on, worried night and day if what I want to do is what I'll stay with for a good portion of my approaching adulthood. I have to choose a college very soon or else time might run out for my family and me financially. I'm terrified that I won't be able to start working, going to college, and providing for my loved ones without going insane or becoming seriously sick from the stress. I know I shouldn't be all too worried but I'm a senior in a one parent, two sibling home and my only parent has serious growing health issues and going to work everyday in her chosen profession is becoming more and more of a strain for her. She loves her work she comes in and tells me stories all the time but I'm not sure how long she'll last in the profession before she has to retire or find a less physical work environment. My little sibling just entered high school and I'm worried about the bullies who won't lay off the tormenting. It's so hard to pick a profession when I am so paranoid.
- —Guest Cat
- i want to be a writer but I don't know if I'll make money. If I don't, my parents will probably be worried.
- —Guest Guest Q
- i am currently at college studying business. I realised that its not the course for me. I'm so lost. My family thinks I should be a dentist but its to hard. I'd have to go and do my A-levels.
- —Guest hannah
- Music has been apart of my life through my struggles. I love music. I wanna be a producer.
- —Guest Kendra
- "There are so many things I wanted to be when I grow up," -- that was the thought of the "me" when I was little. Until now, there was nothing. I have no clue what I wanted to be when I grow up. Nothing just pops up in my mind. I have no hobbies, and I am not good at anything. I'm clumsy. I'm not interested in anything. There's just no excitement or something interesting around me. I like to have work and be an honors student, but doing the same thing is tiring. I don't have time to think about love, but work at school. I wanted a dream job just for me.
- —Guest Karen
Too Many Choices!
- I just graduated high school and I'm going into college, but I'm not sure what I want to be. Well, more like what to choose. I want to be a teacher, an astrophysicist, a pediatric oncologist, and so much more. I'm so confused and overwhelmed. I just want to make enough money to fill my one passion: travel the world.
- —Guest Ayleen
- When I was little I wanted to be what all the other little girls wanted to be -- a dancer or a princess. But now my mom and my teachers say I can really think up a story. But I also want to help people. I either want to be a lawyer or a police officer, I think. I'm still one of those people though that always hope to be the president!!
- —Guest Alex
Do What You Love
- When I was little I wanted to be a Vet. Take care of animals and such. Once I got to 5th grade I changed my mind. I didn't really know what I wanted to be. Something to due with begin a teacher. Then the next year I changed it to be a writer. That stayed pretty strong for a while. I loved to write I still do and I hope maybe some day I can publish something but I also want to study bones... Then other times I want to be an actor. So why pick now? Thats my only question. Why pick now when we still have our entire life to live? We will never know where we are going to end up. We could do something fantastic or something horrible. Only time will tell and right now most of us are still children, only babies. So why pick what you're going to do now when you might change your mind later on? I always say pick something that will be fun and that you want to do, not something that you feel is mandatory.
- —Guest Meg
- I'm 18 years and I live in Whitby, ON. I am passionate for singing. I have been singing all my life. I enjoy singing to other people because I like to entertain them. I would sometimes sing to myself at home. Even when i was little, I always thought of myself being a famous singer. Being in a concert and singing to a huge crowd. I also want to be able to make my own music when I get older. I want to do all of this but I have a fear that my voice won't be good enough for that. I did take vocal lessons before but I had to quit over the summer because I had to go to Alberta to see my Dad. Now, I am not sure if I will make it.
- —Guest Itai
Not Enough Time for Everything
- I want to be a lot of things when I grow up like a dancer and an art teacher and a lot more but I won't have time for all of them. What should I do?
- —Guest Mia
I Have No Idea
- Most of my friends have their whole life planned out. I'm a different case. I'm going to graduate soon and I'm still clueless as to what I should be! I know I want some type of job that helps people, the problem is that there are so many! Honestly, money is a huge problem too. Well good luck to everyone! Hope you follow your dreams and do something you love.
- —Guest Jenn