From the article: What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?
What do you want to be when you grow up? Read about the type of jobs available and add what you want to be when you grow up (even if you are grown up already) to the list contributed by About.com site visitors. Share a Job
Too Much Pressure
- I don't know what i want to be specifically. I would like to make my family proud. All I know is that I love organizing and math is sort of my thing. But my parents want me to be something big like a lawyer or a doctor. I feel like all this pressure on me ... All I know right now is that I'll show my mom I can buy my own red Hummer H3!
- —Guest Ortiz
- When I'm older I would really love to be a zoo keeper. But I don't know much about it! And I'm not sure if there's jobs about for it or how much money I'd get or anything!! And to be honest, I would really only like to work with the Elephants, my favourite animal. Should I still try and be a zoo keeper or should I just go for something else???
- —Guest Emma ._.
- I want to be a dentist. I want to put on cap and crowns, replace broken teeth, pull loose teeth and brush my teeth.
- —Guest kenzie
Need help? Me too ;P
- Hi I'm 16 years old and in a program called AVID! It's a career developing program for helping high school students in Canada and USA find their dream jobs. Sadly I am still unsure of my dream job :( . The best way to find your dream job is to try some online Goverment tests or by following people with your dream job on Facebook, tumbler, google+, and more!!! I have a few people on thies sites willing to answer anything about their jobs to help me find mine!!! Also try intreviewing people in your neighborhood: grocers, banks, schools, anything! Ask them what they like and dislike about their jobs. I hope this helps! Good luck!!!! :)
- —Guest Alisha
- I'm choosing my IB classes for next year and I still don't know what I want become. My dream job was to be a vet, but sadly I'm horrible in chemistry and biology. I can't decide if I should do public relations, international relations... Just anything with traveling and communications. I speak 4 languages, English Spanish French and Arabic. Help?
- —Guest Nkay
I Don't Know!
- Hi I am 10 years old and my parents say to track what you want to be. I know I want to be a teacher or a pedriatrician. I can't chose! How do I figure this out?
- —Guest Sarah
- It can be really hard to decide what to be. I was at a loss for words when anyone asked me about it. Until I got inspired. I found out I'm pretty good at math and organization, and I want lots of money, so... I decided to become a Pharmacist. Either that or become a History professor, or do HVAC work like my dad. I have not yet entered high school but I'm going to do a half college program during my sophmore year that will help me get to my associates by the time I graduate. Then I plan to either get an artistic or general scholarship to pay for college. If not, I am going to join the military and use that GI bill money. I feel as if I have the rest of my life planned out. I really want to retire super early and travel the world. Then maybe settle down and get married when I'm 40. Nothing but my romantic husband, our modest, satisfying home, and a life time of memories!
- —Guest Emma Davis
I'm Scared an Confused
- Hi. My name is Irsy and I'm almost 15. My parents ask me almost once a week what i want to become? And I say idk, I'm still thinking. I love sport, math, science & technology. When I was little I wanted to be scientist but then when I got older I thought it was to much work so i changed and wanted to be a programmer, but again I also want to have lots of money. My dad once told me since I'm mostly good math + IT and i have great ideas I should be an Architect, so I checked on the internet about becoming an Architect. I found out that I'm not that Creative :( so i'm seriously scared & confused! c
- —Guest Irsalina Fathimah :)
A High Tech Vet/Surgeon
- Ever since I was five years old I've wanted to become a horse doctor. Now that I am seventeen years old I still want to be a horse doctor but I can't seem to decide on the right college to choose.
- —Guest PAULA KAY
- Lucky teenagers! I'm 32 and I still don't know what I want?????
- —Guest wido
What to Become?
- I'm 15 years old and I love playing sports. I play volleyball, basketball and I'm on the varsity lacrosse but my number one sport I want to go pro for is basketball and at the same time I want to be a pediatrician and I don't think I can do those at the same time and I need help choosing between the two... .?
- —Guest Nameless
Electrical & Electronic Engineer
- I am confused. I like preaching the word of God but now I am contemplating enginering. I want to become a pastor too.
- —Guest prince edward
Trying to Figure Out What to Be
- I'm 14. I am going into high school and I want to figure out what I want to be. I'm not sure. I thought HVAC Technician but there's no money in that. I thought Geologist and also no money. My only hope is to find a way to find myself and understand what I want to be.
- —Guest Zarif
- So many options... My brother has autism, so I was considering a speech therapist, but I am not sure what the job entails. Maybe I should just be a nurse like my Mom was but I am VERY squeamish about bodily injuries. GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
- —Guest Rachel
- I use to want to be a vet for animals, but once I saw some surgeries preformed, I'm pretty sure that's not something I want to do my entire life. I love science and math, but I also love to design and create. I was thinking about being a geneticist because so far that has been one of my all time favorite subjects. Help?
- —Guest Nameless
1-15 of 171Next