From the article: What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?
What do you want to be when you grow up? Read about the type of jobs available and add what you want to be when you grow up (even if you are grown up already) to the list contributed by About.com site visitors. Share a Job
- I'm 12 and i want to be a computer software designer when I grow up.
- —Guest Jacob Mason
- I want to be an FBI dectective when I grow up. I thought that with my ability I should be an actress but their lives are too hectic. So I am going to do undercover agent instead.
- —Guest Angelita
I Already Know
- I am going to be a talent agent/band manager. My bands are my life and although I have no musical talent myself, I love organizing and managing. I am 15 years old, and get excellent grades that I know I need to get into Boston's Berklee College of Music. I'm excited for life, I can't wait. I love knowing my plan.
- —Guest Laura
Dad Has a Different Idea
- I'm 13 and I don't know what to become. HELP!!! I want to become an engineer when I grow up but my dad says there's no money in that. He said I should become a doctor because you get more money.
- —Guest solo
- I'm 14 years old and i want to become a professional footballer. It's my talent. I usually play with friends. I play everyday. All I need is an opportunity to improve my skill.
- —Guest jake alayxis tempe
Not Sure Yet
- I'm a 14 year old boy. I'm in grade 9. In the academic year I will be doing maths & science. Am good at maths and I can draw. But I don't know which career I will choose when I grow up.
- —Guest Muthelo Rotondwa
My GPA Limits My Options
- i'm 16 years old and im a junior in high school. I've always wanted to be a detective when I get older but my grades suck and I don't know what to do. Would going to my community college help me get where I want to be? My GPA is terrible and community college is the only place that will accept me after high school.
- —Guest Ashley
- I do not know what I should do when i grow up because there are so many things that I love and I do not know what kind of career to choose. This thing is sucking my life and it's giving me a lot of stress.
- —Guest Ipfi
I Despise Career Essays
- So we're forced to do this career essay, and I have no idea what to write about. I did take a personality quiz, and it listed possible jobs. The issue is that all of my choices were on the list! By the way, I'm an INFP, and my choices were social working, editing/novelist, and a graphic design artist. Why, oh why did we have to do this! To the thirteen-year-old's that are having trouble figuring out what they want to be: You guys have plenty of time! You have many years ahead of you, so you can keep changing your future plans. There is no need to think that you're lost; your true decision will come in a matter of time. I'm only a year older than you, and I know exactly how you feel.
- —Guest I Wish My Name Was Asuna
Follow the Money
- Any of you guys could become multiple different things but in the future your going to need A LOT of $$MONEY$$ to be able to support yourself and whoever else lives with you. I'd look up jobs that have a high income.
- —Guest itsyagirl123
Too Many Interests
- I really really wanna be happy with what I do in my future but the problem is I love too many things. Like I love science, my classmates call me math genius, I love art, music, dance, speech, story writing,s ports etc... The only thing I hate is physics. I keep on changing my aims and I am not stable at all. Oh god please help me. If it goes on like this I am gonna suck in the future.
- —Guest Amrutha
- Hi I'm 13 and I have 0% what to be. I suck at math and science. Peers say I should be a teacher but I don't really like the idea. My dream job is to be an actress or a pro skateboarder but they're too unrealistic. I want a job that is diffrent everyday. I really need help because my priority right now is to find my job. A lot of people in my class say "you have to go to university to become succeful". That comment just made me feel down in the dumps because my level of IQ is not high enough for university. P.S I suck at spelling too
- —Guest Ashley
Lost and Searching
- I'm lost. I'm 13 years old and I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I don't really have any special talents. I mean I was in a talent show one time and my mom said I was good so i wanted to be a peinoest (O MY GOSH NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRY I CAN'T SPELL THIS WORD HAAAA). [Note from the editor -- it's pianist.] Then play the violin, then be an actor or a director. I can't spell and I'm bad at math. I'm like so lost. No matter how many times I think about it or research stuff like what is a ..... or what does a ... do , or how much money does this job make I just can't think of a job that fits me.
- —Guest RAINA
- I'm 13 and totally understand what you mean! Everybody expects you to know where you want to go or what you want to be. I wanted to be with animals but what am I supposed to do? I love music, hate blood, like money (that's an extra), like to interact with people, and don't know... I've never had a dream job and don't know. I really need to stop stressing. I mean, if you ask any of my friends they know what the want, but I don't. Any ideas?
- —Guest Alexandra
- Hey, im 13. I'm still trying to figure out what to be when i grow up. It's kinda hard. I really am good at designing stuff.. so I thought about fashion designer, but my parents said that's no good for a job. So then I thought about being a doctor... like you get paid good and stuff. But I have no interest in the medical field. Ihave no idea what to become.
- —Guest Jasmine Jones
1-15 of 238Next