Stuck between Two Thorns
- I am 22 and I still don't know what I want to do, all my life I've always changed my mind because that career had things that I didn't like so I looked elsewhere.... Then I finally found something I loved (hospitality management) but all I hear is negative things like long hours, no time off, 100% stressful job, so because of that I am still looking elsewhere. Then I was thinking of Pharmacy Tech but I hear a lot of bad things about that too. I haven't had a lot of chances to try things to figure this out. There is only one thing that I am good at and that is writing but you don't get a lot of opportunities in writing, you don't make enough to live off of, there is just not enough options in writing.
- —Guest Tia
- I have no freaking idea what I would like to be when I grow up. I thought about it a lot and I really love acting and I'm also really good at it too but it is so hard to find a stable job in that industry. I have also thought about getting into the prosthetic makeup field. I would think that would be so much fun creating creatures and putting them in movies but I run into the same problem as I did with acting. I also have thought about psychology as a option. I am fascinated with understanding why people do things but with that I wonder will I enjoy it as much as I would acting or makeup and it would take so many years of school to find a job somewhere and even still it's not 100% I just have no idea what I should be.
- —Guest Will
- I really want to be an opera singer, but things are tough in the opera world, and it takes a long time to become "good". If I can't sing, I'm planning on being an interior designer.
- —Guest Emma
Two Opposite Poles
- I'm in love with fashion and mixing and matching clothing and shoes and accessories... but I also love my medical classes I take. I'm 15 and my parents are already cracking the "you have to be something" whip. They don't think style/ beauty is the way to go so I am actually really glad I enjoy my medical classes but I'm incredibly awful at math so I don't think I could do the med-school math classes it requires. I need help on this!!
- —Guest Chrissy
Writing, Gastronomy or Architecture???
- Oh, I am so stuck at this. I'm already seventeen and I know I should have already decided but it's so hard. I love writing and I always have but it's a difficult carreer and I don't know if I will be able to succeed. I also love gastronomy -- I love baking and cooking but i think its more for a hobby than for an career. And architecture, I always found it interesting and I always have been looking through magazines of huge houses and buildings but I don't think i have the ability to be an architect, so I don't know!!!
- —Guest mia crovsky
Annoyed by the Fake Actors
- The thing about acting is, you probably won't get famous. No offence. But you should act because you love it, not for the fame.
- —Guest Thinker.
So Many Choices!
- I am 12 years old and I don't know what I want to be when I am grown up. It's so hard to choose from things that you are very good at. Like me -- I am good at running and lots of my teachers and people told me that i have good speed and I should be a runner. I have this feeling about joining the Police or FBI because saving people's lives is a big job. It is also about keeping bad people from stealing money, gold, diamonds and lots more things, and last but not least, stopping people that take drugs and teaching younger people. I have lots more ideas but these are the top ones, and there are many more thing I want to be and I hope that one day my dream comes true.
- —Guest ann blades
- I wanna be an architect because you can get paid a lot and not do anything at all.
- —Guest Megster
- I honestly don't know. l'm only 13 so I guess I have plenty of time put it bugs me to not know. I love singing acting and criminal justice but I can't seem to know which one I'm best at.
- —Guest Kathy
- When i want to grow up I want to study criminal justice.
- —Guest lateesia mcgraw
Military or Policing
- I need some sort of job where I know I am going to be moving around and each day is different while at the same time, serving my community or country and protecting people.
- —Guest Zach
Ophthamologist & Paleontologist
- I've always wondered what it would be like checking other people's eyes. It would be so cool to be a opthamologist. And being a Paleontologist is like studying about animals, fossils, plants and science.
- —Guest Nakita
- I am 15 and I am about to be 16. I am really confused when it comes to what do I want to do for the rest of my life. I agree with most people about not wanting the ordinary jobs that my parents point me to. I have a great sense of style and I want to give that to people. I watch "What not to wear" on tv and i say to myself that I can do that easy. I watch shows like "America's next top model" and I think, wow I can design better cothes than that, and I can tell them to pose better and I could really do that, but is it practical? Would I get a job, would I be able to see my family, would I have to move, how would I get there? I don't know and I am not sure of what other talents I have.
- —Guest Tarah
Vet or Doctor? I'm Stumped
- I'm 14 years old and I recently wanted to be a vet. I'm starting to question it now and am maybe thinking about being a doctor. I have about 4 years to think about it, but I would like to get an idea of what I would be good at.
- —Guest Bekah Lyn
Music or Writing?
- I'm 16 and I really love playing the piano. I have been playing since I was 12 and have progressed quite quickly despite having had minimal training. I am looking for a part-time job so I can pay for piano lessons because I am at a plateu. My plan B (no not the birth control) is to be a writer, but I realize that both career fields are very competitive and I might not make it in either of them. It worries me but, whetever you want to do, doit -- even if others discourage you. Just do it.
- —Guest Alissa