Name of the Business or Company
Baker Careers & Partners
Company URL (if known)
Where I Saw Their Listing, or How They Found Me
Craigslist ad for a human resources assistant position
Copy/ Paste Company Email
We would like to thank you for sending your resume to Baker Careers & Partners. After reviewing your initial credentials, I think you could possibly be a great fit for our company.
Our Human Resource manager would like to schedule an interview with you before she leaves for vacation early next week. You need to complete the pre-interview screening before we can schedule an interview, which can be found at http://workforbaker.info or the career link on our homepage. Your applicant code is (ommited)
Please write down your code, as that is the only way you can gain access to your application and employee profile. Onc
Why I Think It's a Scam
1. Website is incomplete and/or "under construction."
2. A Google search provided no trace of information of a company called: Baker Careers & Partners
3. The company's domain was registered on 11-11-11.
4. The response to my initial inquiry (resume sent in the morning) came only 3-4 hours following.
5. I followed up with the purported contact: Helen Fratt asking several questions regarding the company's status and no response has been forthcoming.
6. A search of Helen Fratt provided no definitive answer to the question of the company's authenticity.
- Do not log into the "company's" portal to complete the purported pre-interview screening.
- If you happen to do so, refrain from providing any personal information that could be used to steal your identity and do not under any circumstances send them money if asked.