My best job
Master/Visa Interchange Bookkeeper for the Merchant Bank. I handed all the bookkeeping function in the charge back area, disputes, collection, on a daily basis.
Handled a large volume of charge-backs, reporting productivity by using Excel doing reports to management using Word. Supervised the Data Entry Operator. Posted entries to the ledger to clear funds.
Accounted for outstanding ledger entries. Updated Management daily, weekly and monthly of the outstanding productivity. Worked independently as part of operations department. I kept accurate and up to date books. I interacted with every department and loved it.
Why is (was) it a great job?
I loved this job I was scouted for this position. I was given the salary that I negotiated. I knew most of the people who worked there since we worked together previously in the same industry. It was such an easy transition. I worked independently within the operations department. It was a very relaxed environment I had so much support, plus there were a lot of incentives. Such a joy to work there I really connected with a lot of the workers I considered some very good friends.
I just love it the best medical benefits I ever had and such a supportive manager. Easy to talk to supported me in promotion and raises singed my praises to upper level management. What's not to love I lived 30 minutes away my hours were 7:30-4:30pm I worked overtime some. I got breaks and hour lunch incentives for being recognized monthly. Given electronic gifts, tickets to Broadway shows, dinner with family, gift certificates. Got along well with my coworkers, paid very well, good vacation package and also great medical benefits. I was respected by staff and management.
Tips and Tricks
- Network - it is best to be hired by friends or people with the industry that knows your work and communication skills
- Choose a company that offers incentive and good medical benefits.
- Choose an industry where you will be recognized for your work this makes it easy to assimilate.
- Having support politically is a must, build on that it is more important the doing a good job.
- Network constantly you never know who you might meet in line at the movies, in the rest room, on line for coffee, at the stylist etc.
- Constantly connect with you co workers go out for lunch and dinner bond with management