Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions about unemployment, including how to file for unemployment, how much unemployment compensation you will receive, how many weeks of benefits you'll get, what happens if your employer contests your claim, whether you are entitled to unemployment if you're fired or quit, when you won't be able to collect and more.
List of Unemployment Questions and Answers
A - G
- Can Employers Check Unemployment History?
- Can I Collect Unemployment if I am Fired?
- Can I Collect Unemployment if I am Working Part-Time?
- Can I Get Unemployment If I Quit?
- Can You Turn Down a Job Offer When Collecting Unemployment?
- Do I Qualify for Unemployment?
- Do I Qualify for Unemployment When Collecting Social Security?
- Down and Out: What to Do When You are Downsized
- Fired Vs. Laid Off
- Following Spouse Unemployment Benefits
H - M
- How Does Severance Pay Affect Unemployment?
- How Does Vacation Pay Affect Unemployment?
- How Many Weeks of Unemployment Do I Get?
- How to Calculate Unemployment
- How to Contact an Unemployment Office
- How to File an Unemployment Appeal
- How to Handle Being Unemployed
- If I Accept a Temporary Job How Will it Impact My Unemployment Benefits?
- Loans for Unemployed Workers
- Meetings With Unemployment
- Overpayment of Unemployment Benefits
- Paying Taxes on Unemployment
- Pink Slip? What's Next?
- Quitting a Job for Good Cause and Unemployment
- Suitable Work Requirements for Unemployment
- Surviving A Layoff
T - Z
- Unemployment Checks
- Unemployment Claims Questions and Answers
- Unemployment Debit Cards
- Unemployment Extension
- Unemployment Tiers
- What Are Unemployment Benefit Disqualifications?
- What are the Unemployment Eligibility Requirements When You Are Pregnant?
- What Happens if an Employer Contests Unemployment Benefits?
- What Information is Required to File an Unemployment Claim?
- What is the Difference Between EUC and EB?
- What to Do When Unemployment Runs Out
- Where to Get Help When your Unemployment Checks Run Out
The private web sites, and the information linked to both on and from this site, are opinion and information. While I have made every effort to link accurate and complete information, I cannot guarantee it is correct. Please seek legal assistance, or assistance from State, Federal, or International governmental resources to make certain your legal interpretation and decisions are correct. This information is not legal advice and is for guidance only.