Jane R. Doe
910 Oak Street, Verona, CA 12111
555-550-1111 or 555-111-1111
Marketing position that uses my writing skills and enables me to make a positive contribution.
Skills and Abilities
- Wrote creative copy for catalogs, brochures and other direct mail projects.
- Researched and conceived newsletter articles.
- Produced variety of business materials, including: letters, reports, proposals and forms.
- Formulated employee policy manuals and job descriptions.
- Composed essays using APA or MLA format.
- Proof read and edited all referenced written materials.
- Designed, developed and implemented marketing and sales campaigns, fundraisers, employee incentive programs and contests.
- Evaluated target markets and proposed marketing strategies.
- Managed all phases of direct mail projects; monitored production teams; recruited and guided vendors; oversaw print operations and coordinated mailing process.
- Promoted products and services; generated leads and initiated sales.
- Established and improved client communications; maintained ongoing relationships.
- Addressed customer inquiries; interpreted and delivered information; proposed suggestions; provided guidance; identified, investigated and negotiated conflicts.
- Conducted surveys and analyzed results.
- Coordinated, planned and contributed at trade shows and special events.
- Served as representative and liaison.
Business Administrative and Management Skills
- Hired, trained, coached, supervised and evaluated staff members.
- Led teams; chaired committees; initiated volunteer events and activities.
- Launched and operated sole proprietorship.
- Reviewed and analyzed insurance applications and documents; expedited materials; evaluated and audited medical data.
Education and Training
Ellis College of New York Institute of Technology-online
B.A. in English-Professional Writing
Certificate Technical Writing
Graduated May 2008
American InterContinental University-online
A.A. in Business Administration
Graduated April 2006, with honors
GPA 3.75 (on scale of 4.0)
Customer Service Series 1, 2 & 3; Communication Skills; Sale Skills; Team Leadership; Diversity Workshop; Management Skills; Conflict Management; Organizational Skills; Microsoft; Lotus Notes
Introduction to Fiction; Short Story Workshop; Creative Writing; Grammar 1 & 2; Revising and Editing; Short Non-Fiction; Writing Magazine and Newspaper Articles; Non-Fiction Query Letter; Business Writing
5/2005 - present (part-time, as needed), Support Substitute
Verona Area School District, Verona, CA
01/2003 - present (part-time, when available), Freelance Writer/Administrative
04/1999 - 06/2002, Open Enrollment Specialist, Sales Coordinator
Humana, Madison, WI
08/1997 - 02/1999, Project and Office Manager
Print & Mail Advertising, Madison, WI
04/1988 - 12/1992, President and Owner
Doe Marketing, Streamwood, IL and Madison, WI
Advertising Director, Consolidated Merchandising, Hinsdale, IL
Project Manager/Editor, Cooperative Marketing, Elk Grove Village, IL
Temporary employment was held while seeking professional work promoting skills in retail sales and management, food service, administrative and customer service.
Member, National Scholars Honor Society, 2006
Awarded Certificates of Achievement for continuing education courses, 1999-2002
Earned over 25 Brain Bench certifications, 2004-2006
Passed State of WI Health Insurance License Exam, July 1999
Offered time and services to community and charitable organizations, employer sponsored committees and children's school events and activities.
Will be provided upon request.