6112 Love Drive, #7122 Irving, Texas 75039
(214) 555-1234, firstname.lastname@example.org
Manufacturing & Engineering … Supply Chain/Logistics … Strategic Planning… Process Redesign… Cost Reductions… Operations Improvement
Manufacturing, Operations and Consulting executive with more than fifteen years experience. Positions and consulting engagements in a variety of industries, including Automotive, Aerospace, Downstream Oil, Steel and General Manufacturing/Industrial Products. Diverse, comprehensive Operational background, including Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain/Sourcing, Logistics, Strategic Planning and Marketing.
PepsiCo, Frito-Lay Division, 2010 – Present
Section Manager, Production/Operation; R&D TPC (Pilot & Testing Plant)
Led a team of approximately (50) salaried associates, including (5) Managers, for a 3-shift facility, with (6) Production areas: Potato Chips, Corn, Extrusion, Baked Products, Pretzels and Packaging as well as (4) of the Support functions: Quality, Laboratory & Analytics, Safety and Sanitation/Food Safety.
- Supported new product tests, test markets, intermediate scale production and equipment development.
- Improved Customer Service metric by 8% over previous year, measured across hundreds of tests.
- Reduced overall facility Downtime by 20% and achieved aggressive Production downtime goal.
- Zero injuries or lost time (2011), a corporate Safety Audit record and recertified for OSHA's VPP Star.
Consulting Engagements, 2007 - 2011
- Restructured operations at a Pune, India manufacturing company for a major global conglomerate.
- Developed Sourcing Strategy for a major national Energy company reviewing all areas of manufactured products and services ($1.2 Billion) to best determine opportunities for short and long term savings against the spend. Targeted savings from project expected to surpass $30 million dollars annually.
- Launched new initiatives for a Dallas-based Retail CEO, including an international entry strategy.
- Consulted to more than ten local companies in diverse areas including: Turnaround Management, Intellectual Property, Strategic Planning, Credit Scoring, M&A, Promotional Products and Telecom.
- Completed the work-out for a local LBO firm of a major Food company after their filing of Chapter 11 (associate staff member of their Turnaround Group). Led analysis of A/R position & cash flow forecast.
- Led four different teams traveling to nine cities throughout the United States to support a Homeland Defense initiative focused on explosive detection for threats against commercial aircraft.
Thomas Group , Inc., 2006 - 2007
Management Consulting: Design & implementation of operations improvements.
Restructured operations of an industrial products division for a $5 Billion dollar conglomerate.
- Created a 'Production Control/Shop Management & Reporting system' in Excel as a stop-gap for client while they were evaluating ERP systems. Throughput reached record levels; 30% increase in 6 weeks.
- Executed improvements in Manufacturing, Lab, Purchasing and Returned Materials. Results included a 10% improvement in labor utilization and an 85% reduction in cost of rework of customer returns.
- Worked with U.S. Government agency's security and anti-terrorism unit in explosives detection.
Arthur D. Little, Inc., 2000-2005
Management Consulting: Operations, Engineering & Strategy
Boston; Seoul; São Paulo
Led or participated in over (25) engagements in BPR, Productivity, R&D/Product Development and Strategic Planning in the United States, Latin America and Asia. Short-term project work in Europe.
- Co-led Strategic Management of Technology (R&D) engagement for a +$5 billion Korean Oil and Chemical producer. Developed Technology Strategy for four divisions, redesigned technology processes and identified activities required for new R&D center in central Korea.
- Assisted a major integrated Steel producer in closing the Purchasing function at its mill and reopening at headquarters, as well as identified immediate cost reductions. Savings estimated at $15 million per year from improvements. Following this success, invited to restructure Maintenance through personnel reduction opportunities, operational improvements and outsourcing of internal parts production.
- Designed feasibility, evaluation and start-up plan for new manufacturing facility in the Amazon Free Trade Zone. Using a dual approach in obtaining financials and completing operational preparations, provided client with a method to minimize lead-time while also reducing risk to investors.
- Managed process redesign of the Credit and Collection Process at a South American construction products company. Recommended executive policy changes, identified optimal performance measures and created a Sales Force Management system which balances autonomy with appropriate controls.
- Led a re-engineering of the Engineering Change Order Process for one of the world's largest automotive component suppliers. New process design allows for more rapid change processing, fewer technical and financial resources spent for change incorporations and superior engineering solutions.
The Ford Motor Company, Summer 1998
Marketing Leadership Program (MBA Internship)
Co-developed corporate strategy in Affinity Marketing (partnering), including organizational and operations restructuring, for presentation to North American executive management.
B.F. Goodrich Aerospace, 1995 - 1997
Aircraft Engine Equipment Engineer
Chula Vista, California
Managed technical coordination of a $23 million sub-contract and developed specifications for various aircraft engine components. Evaluated suppliers and participated in selection process with Purchasing.
Manufacturing Engineering Training Program
Completed rotation through 11 different areas & positions, including Planning, Industrial, Manufacturing and Tool Design Engineering. Received both Vice-Presidential and Manager letters of commendation.
- Saved $142,000 through cost reductions and method improvements in one area.
Rockwell International, Rocketdyne Division, Summer 2004
Internship - CAD support for Space Station & Shuttle Engine projects.
Canoga Park, California
Computer Integrated Manufacturing Laboratory, Lehigh University, 1992 - 1995
Associate - Provided CAD/CAM support to PA-NJ-NY companies.
The University of Texas at Austin
Master of Business
San Diego State University
San Diego, California
Master of Science, Manufacturing
Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering
Languages: Portuguese (Fluent), Spanish (Basic)
Boards of Directors: DealNet (2002-2004)