When writing a resume, some job seekers choose to state an objective on their resume, rather than including it in the body of their cover letter.
Stating an objective can convince employers that you know what you want to do and are familiar with the field. While stating your objective on your resume is optional, having an objective for your resume is not - you need to be clear about your employment goals.
How to Write a Resume Objective
If you include an objective on your resume, it's important to customize the resume objective to match the position you are applying for. The more specific your resume objective is the better chance you have of being considered for the job.
Sample Resume Objective Statements
- Obtain a position at XYZ Company where I can maximize my management skills, quality assurance, program development, and training experience.
- Account executive trainee at ABCD advertising agency.
- Position as clinical practice assistant for health maintenance organization, utilizing writing, research, and leadership skills.
- Elementary education teacher at small independent school.
- Customer service management where my experience can be utilized to improve customer satisfaction.
- Create integrated strategies to develop and expand existing customer sales, brand/product evolution, and media endorsement.
- Management position where I can effectively utilize my expertise in human relations, project management, and staff recruitment and retention.
- Marketing position that utilizes my writing skills and enables me to make a positive contribution to the organization.
- Search engine optimization position where I can use my SEO skills and experience to increase site traffic and search engine placement.
- To secure a position with a well established organization with a stable environment that will lead to a lasting relationship in the field of finance.
- To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people.
- Experienced HR Coordinator who enjoys challenge seeking opportunity to learn and improve skills.
An alternative to using an objective on your resume is a resume profile, which is a brief summary of your skills, experiences, and goals written for a specific job opening. Another option is to include a resume branding statement.
More Resume Objective Examples
Review more resume objective statement examples shared by site visitors and, if you have a great resume objective to share, add a sample resume objective to the list.
Resume Articles and Advice
Free Job Search Newsletter
Stay up to date on the latest job search advice, tips, and news. Sign up for our free newsletter today!