123 Main St. New York, New York 12345
University of State, College of Law, Springfield, CA
Candidate for Juris Doctor, May 2010 GPA 3.675
- Member, State Law Review
- John Smith Scholar (Full-Tuition Scholarship); Dean's List, Fall 2007, Spring 2008
- Outstanding Performance in Oral Advocacy Award, Spring 2008
- American Law Society - State Chapter, President (2007-2008)
State University, College of Arts and Sciences, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Arts, American Government (Honors), May 2006
- Inter-Fraternity Council, President (2005-2006); Undergraduate Assembly (2005-2006); University Council (2005-2006); Sphinx Senior Society (2005-2006); Parliamentary Debate Team (2002-2004)
Honorable Judge Johnson, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, Extern, San Fransisco, CA, Fall 2008
Externship will be comprised of researching and writing bench memos, draft opinions and draft orders.
Thomas & Smith, P.A., Summer Associate, Phoenix, AZ, Summer 2008
Researched and wrote memoranda and motions for commercial (trade secrets), criminal defense (racketeering) and pro bono (Constitutional standards for conditions of confinement) matters. Assisted with arbitration over LLC dispute (fiduciary duties and non-compete agreement).
Jewish College Fund, Development Officer, Springfield, CA., Feb.- Mar. 2007
Developed Congressional Sponsorship Strategy for Jewish Youth Symposium. Hired in a short-term development capacity.
Office of State Attorney General, Special Projects Asst., Executive Office,Phoenix, AZ, Jul.- Jan. 2007
Coordinated Community Services Program's elder affairs hotline, internship program, and participation with Executive Office.
OTHER INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Spanish (proficient); traveled extensively throughout Latin America
- 4-time 4A State Policy Debate State Champion (1998-2002); 2-time National Tournament Qualifier (2000, 2001)