One of the first questions you will be asked during a part time job interview is "What days/hours are you available to work?"
It's important to assure your prospective employer that you can be flexible. As a part time employee, you are going to be asked to fill in hours as needed. You need to let them know your availability, and be flexible around your other commitments.
- I'm available during school hours while my children are at school, 9 am - 3 pm, Monday through Friday, and I can work some weekends, also.
- If you're a student, you'll need to share your class schedule, and any labs, to avoid confusion for your supervisor: "I have classes Tuesday and Thursday until 4 pm, and a lab that meets every other Wednesday from 5 pm to 7 pm, but I'm flexible about working any other hours you have available."
- I'm flexible and available just about any time you need me to work.
- I have another commitment each Monday, but I am available the rest of the week.
- I'm available after school and evenings and weekends.
Job Interview Questions and Answers
More Part Time Interview Questions and Answers
Typical part time job interview questions and sample answers you can use to prepare for a part time job interview.