Take the time to ask questions that will clarify the job requirements, your work schedule, the flexiblity of the position, and anything else that would help you decide whether you would want the job if it were offered to you.
Part Time Job Interview Questions to Ask
- How many hours a week are available?
- How many hours per week/day are offered with this position?
- What are the typical shifts covered by this position?
- Are weekend/evening hours required?
- How flexible are the hours?
- Do the hours vary weekly, or stay pretty much the same?
- What kinds of projects will I be working on?
- How many part time people do you employ?
- Will I be a part of a team, or be working primarily independently?
- Is this a position that has always been part time?
- Will I have the opportunity to interview with the supervisor of this position?
- Is there a full time person here with similar duties, who I would be working with?
- Are there extra hours available seasonally?
- What are the responsibilities of this position?
- Can you describe for me a typical day in this position?
- Does the person who previously did this job still work here?
- Why did the person who previously held this position leave?
- How would you describe your company's management style?
- If I am offered this position will I have the opportunity to meet with my supervisor?
- How many part time employees does this company employ?
- How many full time employees does this company employ?
- Would there be any opportunity to work from home occasionally?
- How far in advance is the schedule posted?
- Is there opportunity for growth within the company?
- What do you like best about working here?
- What do you like least about working here?
- Would you change anything about this department?
- If I'm offered this position, how soon would you like me to start?
- How many applicants are you interviewing for this position?
- Do you have any additional questions for me?
- When should I expect to hear from you?
- How many employees work in this position?
- Who does this position report to?
- What kinds of performance reviews are done?
- What qualities would you like to see in a person in this position?
- What are some of the challenges in this position?
- What do you think is the best part of this position?
- What do you think is the most difficult part of this position?
More Questions / Share Your Interview Questions
How would you answer this question? Read more answers and share your best Questions to Ask the Interviewer.