Definition: What is a cover letter? A cover letter is a document sent with your resume to provide additional information on your skills and experience.
A cover letter typically provides detailed information on why you are qualified for the job you are applying for. Effective cover letters explain the reasons for your interest in the specific organization and identify your most relevant skills or experiences.
Cover Letter Articles and Advice
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- How to Write an Academic Cover Letter
- What to Include in a Cover Letter
- Types of Cover Letters With Examples
- Cover Letter Samples
- Cover Letter Format
- Cover Letter Writing Tips
Also Known As:
job application letter, covering letter