What's the best way to take time off from work for a job interview? I always suggest that job seekers try to schedule interviews early or late in the day, or at lunch time. Another alternative, if you can schedule a couple of interviews on one day, is taking a vacation day.
Site visitors (share your excuse) have shared lots of other excuses for not going to work.
Excuses for Taking Time Off to Interview
- Take a vacation day.
- Use a sick day.
- Take a couple of hours of personal time.
- Volunteer for an extra task, meeting, event, conference of some kind that involves time outside of normal work hours, then take the extra hours worked as comp time.
- Picking a friend up from the airport.
- House was burglarized.
- Plumbing problem.
- Sick child.
- Sick parent.
- Doctor's appointment for yourself or a family member.
- Medical testing.
- You have a migraine and need to go home.
- You have a business meeting.
- Personal business.
- Appointment with an attorney to get wills.
- Financial planning appointment.
In addition to good excuses you can use for not going to work, take a look (and add the worst excuses you've heard) at the bad excuses you've heard for missing work.