Even if you disliked your boss, don't say so. Negative comments about a bad boss will be a warning sign for a hiring manager who may wonder what you will say in the future if you don't get along with your supervisor if you're hired.
The same holds true for the company. If you hated working at a company, you don't need to discuss it.
Be Careful How You Respond
Why is it important to be careful what you say? One job applicant, for example, I interviewed spent quite a bit of time talking about how she hated her boss and how horrible the last company she worked for was. That company happened to be our biggest customer and the supervisor she disliked so much was our liaison with that company. Needless to say, she didn't get the job.
Here are sample interview questions about managers and sample answers.
Interview Questions About Bosses
- What was it like working for your supervisor? - Best Answers
- Who was you best boss and who was the worst? - Best Answers
- Who was your best boss? Why? - Best Answers
- How would your supervisor describe you? - Best Answers
- How do you handle it if the boss is wrong? - Best Answers
- Have you ever had difficulty working with a manager? - Best Answers
- Have you ever had difficulty working with a supervisor? (Student Responses) - Best Answers
- Have you ever had difficulty working with a manager? (Part Time Job Responses) - Best Answers
- If you know your supervisor is 100% wrong about something how would you handle it? - Best Answers
- What do you expect from a supervisor? - Best Answers
- What do you expect from a supervisor? (Entry Level Responses) - Best Answers
- Describe your best boss - Best Answers
- Describe your ideal boss - Best Answers
- Describe your best boss (Retail) - Best Answers
- More questions about supervisors - Best Answers
Interview Answers to Bad Boss Questions
These interview answers to questions about a bad boss have been submitted by site visitors. They are examples, in many cases, of how not to answer interview questions about your boss. Again, it's important to keep your negative thoughts to yourself during the interview. However, if you want to vent, here's an opportunity to share what you think about your worst boss.
Interview Articles and Advice