When you go on a job interview you will probably be asked questions about your bosses - both past and future. Common interview questions about bosses include questions about the best and the worst supervisor you have worked for, what you expect from a supervisor, what you would do if the boss was wrong, and other questions related to your relationships with your supervisors.
Even if you disliked your boss, don't say so. Negative comments about a bad boss will be a warning sign for a hiring manager who may wonder what you will say in the future if you don't get along with your supervisor if you're hired.
The same holds true for the company. If you hated working at a company, you don't need to discuss it.
Be Careful How You Respond
Why is it important to be careful what you say? One job applicant, for example, I interviewed spent quite a bit of time talking about how she hated her boss and how horrible the last company she worked for was. That company happened to be our biggest customer and the supervisor she disliked so much was our liaison with that company. Needless to say, she didn't get the job.
Here are sample interview questions about managers and sample answers.
Interview Questions About Bosses
- Describe your best boss - Best Answers
- Describe your ideal boss - Best Answers
- Describe your best boss (Retail) - Best Answers
- Have you ever had difficulty working with a manager? - Best Answers
- Have you ever had difficulty working with a supervisor? (Student Responses) - Best Answers
- Have you ever had difficulty working with a manager? (Part Time Job Responses) - Best Answers
- How would your supervisor describe you? - Best Answers
- How do you handle it if the boss is wrong? - Best Answers
- If you know your supervisor is 100% wrong about something how would you handle it? - Best Answers
- What was it like working for your supervisor? - Best Answers
- What do you expect from a supervisor? - Best Answers
- What do you expect from a supervisor? (Entry Level Responses) - Best Answers
- What is the biggest criticism you received from your boss? - Best Answers
- Who was you best boss and who was the worst? - Best Answers
- Who was your best boss? Why? - Best Answers
- More questions about supervisors - Best Answers
Interview Articles and Advice