How you respond to interview questions is what is going to get you hired - or not hired. Your responses need to be clear, concise and should specifically connect your experience and skills to the employer's job requirements.
Here are examples of the best responses for the most frequently asked interview questions, as well as for some of the more challenging questions you might be asked.
Best Responses for Job Interview Questions
A - G
- Answering Interview Questions about Termination
- Answering Unusual Interview Questions
- Are You Lucky?
- Are You Nice?
- Behavioral Interview Questions
- Describe What You've Done to Upgrade Your Skills in the Last Year
- Do You Consider Yourself Successful?
- Do You Work Well with Others?
H - M
- Handling Problems at Your Last Job
- Have You Worked with Someone Who Didn't Like Your Work?
- How Did you Fit in with the Company Culture at your Last Employer?
- How Do You Feel About Working For a Younger Manager?
- How Will Your Strengths Help You Succeed?
- If You Can't Answer an Interview Question
- Interview Questions about Being Laid-Off
- Interview Questions about Changing Jobs
- Job Specific Interview Questions
N - S
- Please Rate Me as an Interviewer
- Questions About Teamwork
- Questions About Weaknesses
- Questions With Right or Wrong Answers
- Responding About Your College Major
- Responding to a Concern About Your Age
- Responding to "Tell Me About Yourself"
- Resume Questions
- Should You Use Social Media at Work?
- Since Your Last Job
- Strengths and Other Skills
T - Z
- What Are Your Hobbies?
- What Can You Accomplish in the First 60 Days?
- What Do You See Yourself Doing in the First 30 Days on the Job?
- What if You Found the Company Doing Something Illegal
- What is Your Dream Job?
- What Part of the Job Will be the Least Challenging For You?
- Which Part of the Job Will be the Most Challenging For You?
- What Strength Will Help You the Most to Succeed?
- When do You Plan to Retire?
- Where do You See Yourself 5 Years from Now?
- What Makes You Angry?
- Where Else are You Interviewing?
- Why Are You Interested in a Lower Level Job?
- Why Are You Interested in a Non-Management Job?
- Why Did You Go Back to School?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Shouldn't I Hire You?
- Why Should We Hire You Instead of Other Applicants?
- Why Have You Been Out of Work?
- Why Would You Accept a Job for Less Money?
- Worst Interview Answers
- Your Ideal Boss
Interview Articles and Advice