Review the top 20 interview questions you'll most likely be asked at a job interview, plus the best answers. Also, review the other questions you may be asked, so you're prepared to ace the interview.
Top 20 Interview Questions
- What were your responsibilities? - Best Answers
- What did you like or dislike about your previous job? - Best Answers
- What were your starting and final levels of compensation? - Best Answers
- What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them? - Best Answers
- What is your greatest strength? - Best Answers
- What is your greatest weakness? - Best Answers
- How do you handle stress and pressure? - Best Answers
- Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it. - Best Answers
- What was the biggest accomplishment / failure in this position? - Best Answers
- How do you evaluate success? - Best Answers
- Why are you leaving or have left your job? - Best Answers
- Why do you want this job? - Best Answers
- Why should we hire you? - Best Answers
- What are your goals for the future? - Best Answers
- What are your salary requirements? - Best Answers
- Tell me about yourself. - Best Answers
- Who was your best boss and who was the worst? - Best Answers
- What are you passionate about? - Best Answers
- Questions about your supervisors and co-workers. - Best Answers
- Questions about your career goals. - Best Answers
More Interview Questions
Job Interview Questions and Answers
Common job interview questions, plus sample answers you can use to practice for a job interview.
Difficult Interview Questions
These are some of the more difficult interviews you may be expected to respond to during a job interview.
Interview Questions Employers Should Not Ask
There are some interview questions, typically known as illegal interview questions, that employers should not ask during a job interview. Here are questions that shouldn't be asked during a job interview and how to best respond.