Many of the questions that employers ask at job interviews will be standard interview questions. It's important to be prepared to respond to those interview questions. You don't need to memorize an answer, but do review the question so you know what you'll be asked and so you have an idea of what you might say during the interview.
Review the top 20 interview questions you'll most likely be asked at a job interview, plus the best answers. Also, review the other questions you may be asked, so you're prepared to ace the interview.
Top 20 Interview Questions
- What were your responsibilities? - Best Answers
- What did you like or dislike about your previous job? - Best Answers
- What were your starting and final levels of compensation? - Best Answers
- What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them? - Best Answers
- What is your greatest strength? - Best Answers
- What is your greatest weakness? - Best Answers
- How do you handle stress and pressure? - Best Answers
- Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it. - Best Answers
- What was the biggest accomplishment / failure in this position? - Best Answers
- How do you evaluate success? - Best Answers
- Why are you leaving or have left your job? - Best Answers
- Why do you want this job? - Best Answers
- Why should we hire you? - Best Answers
- What are your goals for the future? - Best Answers
- What are your salary requirements? - Best Answers
- Tell me about yourself. - Best Answers
- Who was your best boss and who was the worst? - Best Answers
- What are you passionate about? - Best Answers
- Questions about your supervisors and co-workers. - Best Answers
- Questions about your career goals. - Best Answers
More Interview Questions
Job Interview Questions and Answers
Common job interview questions, plus sample answers you can use to practice for a job interview.
Difficult Interview Questions
These are some of the more difficult interviews you may be expected to respond to during a job interview.
Interview Questions Employers Should Not Ask
There are some interview questions, typically known as illegal interview questions, that employers should not ask during a job interview. Here are questions that shouldn't be asked during a job interview and how to best respond.