When you are being interviewed for job where you will have a leadership role, the hiring manager will want to know about the experience that qualifies you to lead, your leadership style, your accomplishments, and your expectations for the future.
Review these common leadership interview questions.
Leadership Interview Questions
- What can you do for this company? - Best Answers
- What experience do you have that would help you in this role? - Best Answers
- What were your responsibilities at your current (or last) position? - Best Answers
- What was most and least rewarding about your job? - Best Answers
- Why should we hire you? - Best Answers
- What can you contribute to this company? - Best Answers
- Why are you the best person for the job? - Best Answers
- What were your biggest accomplishments and failures in this position? - Best Answers
- What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them? - Best Answers
- What were your starting and final levels of compensation? - Best Answers
- Why are you moving on? - Best Answers
- What is most important to a company's success - a good product or friendly, fast service? - Best Answers
- How do you evaluate success? - Best Answers
- What is your greatest weakness? - Best Answers
- What is your greatest strength? - Best Answers
- How do you handle stress and pressure? - Best Answers
- What motivates you? - Best Answers
- What do you find are the most difficult decisions to make? - Best Answers
- What do people most often criticize about you? - Best Answers
- If the people who know you were asked why you should be hired, what would they say? Best Answers
- What do you expect from a manager? - Best Answers
- What was it like working for your manager? - Best Answers
- Who was your best manager and who was the worst? - Best Answers
- If you knew a manager is 100% wrong about something how would you handle it? - Best Answers
- Do you prefer to work independently or on a team? - Best Answers
- What are your salary expectations? - Best Answers
- What are you looking for in your next job? What is important to you? - Best Answers
- What are your goals for the next five years / ten years? - Best Answers
- How do you plan to achieve those goals? - Best Answers
More Interview Questions
Job Interview Questions and Answers
Common job interview questions, plus sample answers you can use to practice for a job interview.
Personal Interview Questions
When you go on a job interview, in addition to being asked job interview questions about your employment history, your skills and qualifications for the job, your educational background, and your goals for the future, you'll also be asked personal interview questions.
Difficult Interview Questions
These are some of the more difficult interviews you may be expected to respond to during a job interview.
Job Interview Articles and Advice