Questions you might be asked during an administrative assistant or office position job interview, suggested answers and advice for acing an interview.
Administrative Assistant / Office Position Interview Questions and Answers
- What computer skills do you have and what programs are you comfortable using? - Best Answers
- Are you comfortable using a phone with multiple lines and handling a high volume of telephone calls? - Best Answers
- At this company, we like to think of ourselves as a team that works together towards the same goals. How do you feel about working in a team environment? - Best Answers
- How would you feel supervising two or three other employees? - Best Answers
- What is your greatest strength and how will it help your performance in this position? - Best Answers
- What is your greatest weakness? - Best Answers
- How do you handle stress and pressure? - Best Answers
- What was it like working for your supervisor? - Best Answers
- What do you expect from a supervisor? - Best Answers
- Do you prefer to work independently or on a team? - Best Answers
- Do you work well with people? - Best Answers
- Give some examples of teamwork. - Best Answers
- Receptionist interview questions. - List of Questions
Questions to Ask the Interviewer
Review this list of sample administrative / office questions to ask the interviewer, and remember, before you set foot into the interview room, do as much research about the company as possible. It's a good idea to try to come up with a few question ahead of time, and if they are not answered during the interview, ask them now.
General Job Interview Questions
In addition to job specific interview questions, you will also be asked more general questions about your employment history, education, strengths, weaknesses, achievements, goals and plans. Here's a list of the most common interview questions and sample answers.