Interview questions to ask the interviewer when you are applying for a teaching position or another educational job.
Questions to Ask the Interviewer for Teacher Jobs
- Why is this position open?
- Can you tell me some of the qualities you are looking for in a teacher for this position?
- Do you have a mentoring program for new teachers?
- How supportive is the district of continuing education for faculty?
- How many students are in an average class?
- How would you describe the student population?
- What are some of the challenges facing your school this year?
- What are some of the goals you have for the school this year?
- What are some of the goals for the district this year?
- What are some of the challenges the district faces moving forward from this point?
- Do you have an active PTA group?
- Do you find a lot of support for your school coming from the community at large?
- What type of school discipline plan do you have in place?
- What type of anti-bullying measures are you taking in the school? In the district?
- What do you think are the school's greatest strengths?
- Do you feel that there are areas in your school that need improvement?
- What types of technology are available in your classrooms?
In Depth: How to Get a Job as a Teacher
- List of Teaching Skills
- What to Wear to a Job Interview
- Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Top 10 Job Interview Tips
- Job Interview Thank You Letters