Questions to Ask the Interviewer for Teacher Jobs
- Why is this position open?
- Can you tell me some of the qualities you are looking for in a teacher for this position?
- Do you have a mentoring program for new teachers?
- How supportive is the district of continuing education for faculty?
- How many students are in an average class?
- How would you describe the student population?
- What are some of the challenges facing your school this year?
- What are some of the goals you have for the school this year?
- What are some of the goals for the district this year?
- What are some of the challenges the district faces moving forward from this point?
- Do you have an active PTA group?
- Do you find a lot of support for your school coming from the community at large?
- What type of school discipline plan do you have in place?
- What type of anti-bullying measures are you taking in the school? In the district?
- What do you think are the school's greatest strengths?
- Do you feel that there are areas in your school that need improvement?
- What types of technology are available in your classrooms?
Interview Questions You Will Be Asked
In addition to preparing a list of questions to ask the hiring manager, it's also important to review the most common interview questions you'll be asked so you can think about how you will answer. Here's a list of typical interview questions, along with sample answers.