Informational Interviewing - After the Interview
Reflect on the information you gathered and consider issues such as:
1. What is your reaction to the number of hours and type of schedule (set/flexible) described?
2. What do you need to do to make yourself a competitive candidate?
3. Do you think you would be satisfied with the situation your contact described?
4. Do you think you would be dissatisfied with the same thing(s) your contact described as dissatisfying?
5. What is your reaction to the conditions (stress/anxieties) of this occupation? Do you want to deal with them?
6. Have any changes taken place in your opinion of the occupation as a result of your interview?
7. What are the most important new facts and understandings that you have acquired?
8. What misconceptions did you correct?