When you're not sure how to get started, review these examples of cover letter openings, but be sure to tailor your introduction to your personal circumstances and the job for which you are applying. The more you personalize your cover letter to show that you're a match for the job requirements, the better your chances of getting selected for an interview.
Cover Letter Opening Sentence Examples
- As an Information Technology professional with high-level management experience in the IT industry, I learned that the best way to achieve success was to motivate the resources I had with well-defined objectives and empowerment.
- I am very interested in the entry level position that is available at ABC Investment Partners. I recently graduated from XYZ University College and my courses in investments, finance and business have given me a solid base upon which I plan to build to build my career.
- I am writing to express my interest in the International Marketing position open at WellCam, Inc. My colleague Janna Doling recommended that I contact you directly about this position.
- I'm writing to express my interest in the Editorial Assistant position listed on Monster.com. Given my related experience and excellent capabilities I would appreciate your consideration for this position.
- I am writing to apply for the systems analyst position advertised in the Times Herald. At your convenience, I'd appreciate the opportunity to discuss the position and my candidacy with you.
- I have a very strong interest in pursuing a teaching career. With experience working at both the elementary and high school levels, as well as in activities outside of the traditional classroom, I have a diverse background with much to offer.
- I have the pleasure of being acquainted with one of the Counselors on your staff, Eleanor Seville. She let me know about the open position, and recommended that I contact you.
- I read your job posting for a Communications Assistant with interest.
- I was excited to read about the Administrative Assistant job opening at XYZ company. I have several years of administrative experience in a variety of fields including insurance and finance.
- It is my understanding that you have been deluged with resumes since Computer World released their list of the best companies at which to work. Mine is one more, but I do have some experience that is hard to come by.
- My proven track record of successfully performing complex analyses on various corporations makes me an ideal candidate for the Analyst opportunity that you have advertised.
- Please accept my application for the teaching assistant position advertised on Craig's List.
- Please accept my enthusiastic application for the waitstaff position you recently advertised on Monster.com.
- Please consider my resume for the position of Associate Editor.
- This letter is to express my interest in the Customer Service Manager position posted on the XYZ Company web site.
- Your marketing department has advertised two job openings for which my experience directly qualifies me.
More Cover Letter Examples
Here are more examples for each section of a cover letter, plus samples of complete cover letters.
- Parts of a Cover Letter
- Cover Letter Contact Section
- Cover Letter Salutations
- Cover Letter Body Section
- Cover Letter Closing
- Cover Letter Signature
- Sample Cover Letters
Free Job Search Newsletter
Stay up to date on the latest job search advice, tips, and news. Sign up for our free newsletter today!