Getting to the Company Website
There are several ways to find company websites:
- Check Company Profiles - these company profiles have career and employment information for many top employers.
- Try the Company Name - Many large companies' URLS are the companyname.com, so that's a good option to try.
- Google the Company Name and Jobs - Enter the company name plus jobs, such as Walmart jobs, in Google's search box and the jobs section of the website should be among the first results.
- Check .Jobs - Companies are using the .jobs extension to direct job seekers directly to their company information. Enter or search for "companyname.jobs" to see if the company you're interested in is using it. Also check US.jobs - you'll be able to search for jobs posted on company websites and jobs listed on state job boards.
- Use LinkUp - Job search engine LinkUp searches just for jobs on company web sites.
How to Search Company Websites
Jobs are typically listed in the Careers section of the employer's website. Job and Career information may be in a seperate section (Careers) or could be under the About Us section.
Just about every company has detailed employment information including job openings, an employment application, company locations, benefits, and how to apply online.
The following information is typically available for job seekers:
- Career options and career paths
- Current job openings
- Job search system
- Job application forms
- Benefits information
- Diversity information
- College recruiting information
About Us Section
The About Us section of employer web sites is is useful for finding out about the company history, financial stability, products and services, management, as well as information about the company culture and how you will fit in.
Apply for Jobs
When the company lists jobs on its website, you'll find instructions for how to apply for open positions. The job application system will step you the process of applying.
Find More Company Information
Don't stop there. Use the websites that provide company information to further research the company and to find connections who can help you get hired. Those sites include:
No Job Listings?
If you're not able to find job listings on the company website, and you may not because not all employers list job openings online, use the job search engines to check (search by company name) for job openings at your employer of interest.