Glassdoor.com has spent some time going through the more than 300,000 interview questions shared by job candidates to come up with a list of the Top 25 Oddball Interview Questions.
1. "If you were to get rid of one state in the US, which would it be and why?" - Asked at Forrester Research, Research Associate candidate.
2. "How many cows are in Canada?" - Asked at Google, Local Data Quality Evaluator candidate.
3. "How many quarters would you need to reach the height of the Empire State building?"
4. "A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?" - Asked at Clark Construction Group, Office Engineer candidate.
5. "What songs best describes your work ethic?" - Asked at Dell, Consumer Sales candidate.
6. "Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it?" - Asked at Amazon, Product Development candidate.
7. "What do you think about when you are alone in your car?" - Asked at Gallup, Associate Analyst candidate.
8. "How would you rate your memory?" - Asked at Marriott, Front Desk Associate candidate.
9. "Name 3 previous Nobel Prize Winners." - Asked at BenefitsCONNECT, Office Manager candidate.
10. "Can you say: 'Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper' and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time?"
11. "If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?" - Asked at Trader Joe's, Crew candidate.
12. "How would people communicate in a perfect world?" - Asked at Novell, Software Engineer candidate.
13. "How do you make a tuna sandwich?" - Asked at Astron Consulting, Office Manager candidate.
14. "My wife and I are going on vacation, where would you recommend?" - Asked at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Advisory Associate candidate.
15. "You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been selected to be on Iron Chef. How do you prepare your team for the competition and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?" - Asked at Accenture, Business Analyst candidate.
16. "Estimate how many windows are in New York." - Asked at Bain & Company, Associate Consultant candidate.
17. "What's your favorite song? Perform it for us now." - Asked at LivingSocial, Adventures City Manager candidate.
18. "Calculate the angle of two clock pointers when time is 11:50." - Asked at Bank of America, Software Developer candidate.
19. "Have you ever stolen a pen from work?" - Asked at Jiffy Software, Software Architect candidate.
20. "Pick two celebrities to be your parents." - Asked at Urban Outfitters, Sales Associate candidate.
21. "What kitchen utensil would you be?" - Asked at Bandwidth.com, Marketer candidate.
22. "If you had turned you cell phone to silent, and it rang really loudly despite it being on silent, what would you tell me?" - Asked at Kimberly-Clark, Biomedical Engineer candidate.
23. "On a scale from one to ten, rate me as an interviewer." - Asked at Kraft Foods, General Laborer candidate.
24. "If you could be anyone else, who would it be?" - Asked at Salesforce.com, Sales Representative candidate. '
25. "How would you direct someone else on how to cook an omelet?" - Asked at PETCO, Analyst candidate.
Before you head out to a job interview, take a look at Glassdoor's Interview section to see what questions you might be asked. That way you can prepare an answer - especially if it's a weird interview question that you might not expect or one where you have to figure out an answer, like some of the interview questions on the Top 25 list!
Image © Glassdoor