A mistake in your resume can knock you out of consideration for an interview. Sometimes, though, the worst resume mistakes weren't supposed to be mistakes, they were written on purpose.
The candidates thought they were making a case for their candidacy instead of getting it into the reject pile. Take a look at some the resume bloopers reported by hiring managers surveyed by CareerBuilder.com and you'll see why.
- Candidate put God down as a reference (no phone number).
- Candidate listed her hobby as alligator watching.
- Candidate claimed to be a direct descendant of the Vikings.
- Candidate's email address had "lovesbeer" in it.
- Candidate listed "Master of Time and Universe" under his experience.
- Candidate sent a 24-page resume for a 5-year career.
- Candidate put a picture of her cat on top of her resume.
- Candidate declared himself the LeBron James of table games.
What do you think is the worst mistake you can make when you're writing a resume? Take a look at the resume mistakes that could cost you an interview and add your advice on resume mistakes to avoid to the list.
Related: Worst Cover Letter Mistakes
Image Copyright Pali Rao