From the article: Job Interview Question: What Motivates You?
What motivates you? Read answers and share your answer to this typical interview question. Share Your Answer
- My motivation is to excel and be successful in my professional career and my personal life outside of work. I am a 'stay busy' type person who thrives on accomplishment and forward motion. Sometimes, in life, we all blunder and those instances are learning experiences to propel forward and strive to attain our maximum potential.
- —Guest Andrea H
Honest and Caring
- I take pride in every job I do. Making a guest, customer or client of the employer happy motivates me, as does knowing I have made their day more satisfying, which then makes our service a must-have in future reference.
- —Guest cheis
- I am results drive. Doing a good job and achieving the desired end result is my primary motivation. And I naturally appreciate it when my boss compliments me on a job well done.
- —Guest N. Gaymon
- Sorry folks, but this is a sad one. I got asked this today at work in the aftermath of a collosal blunder perpetrated by none other than yours truly. As the title suggests, I couldn't answer the question. I said 'working with people', but it's not enough, and my boss wasn't convinced either. Thankfully, he's an incredibly supportive guy, and a true role model as a leader. My mother would say "stay busy." It works from time to time, and I get a true feeling of accomplishment, but more often than not, I lack the motivation to get busy in the first place. I've always relied on the approval of others to motivate me, and I find it's just not an option anymore. Call it depression, call it being burnt out, even call it laziness. Whatever you want. I don't know what motivates me anymore, or what ever motivated me in the first place. Guess that's why I'm here trying to canvas how different people find self happiness.
- —Guest Mike
- I am motivated by challenges. I feel happy when I am challenged by, with, for anything. I try to win at all costs and then I get happy and want to do more.
- —Guest Dahnu
Help from Others
- When other people lend a helping hand at my work, it motivates me to work harder because of the realization that someone is there to support me.
- —Guest Rudra Chauhan
The Best Motivators
- I have two motivators: the first one is GOD.. and second one is my FAMILY. :)
- —Guest min
Mentor and Role Model, My Brother
- I am motivated by my brother, who has always taught me a lot in life, like never giving up no matter how hard it gets because life is not about how many times you fail but how many times you get up and try again.success
- —Guest albertina ndaba
- I'm professional. I'm a hard worker who can work at any time and any place. I'm intelligent, I get in on time and I'm respectful.
- —Guest sarah
What Motivates Me
- Challenges that give me the opportunity to grow and change my perspective, to learn new things and achieve set goals.
- —Guest Ngoni
- Looking at them and imagining them future makes me work as hard as I can possible can to make them proud of me and doing so makes me happy. :) Self motivation
- —Guest Rose
- Money. Not being hungry. Not having debt collectors at the door
- —Guest Helen
Doing My Part
- I am motivated by doing my part, especially helping with one another without conditions.
- —Guest ermars
Motivation from Academic Excellence
- I'm highly moved by people who aspire higher and excel in their academic career. Generally as a student worker, i prefer work to be in the company of individuals who apply their academics to their field of work.
- —Guest paul k. agbeko
Thinking about Ants
- I will get motivated by an ant. We can learn many things from an ant. It searches for an alternate way when it meets an obstacle and it never turns back. It has discipline and foresight. It knows that it won't get food in the rainy season, so it collects the food in advance in summer. Last but not the least, it feels failure is the first step of success. It won't give up until it reaches its goal.
- —Guest Divya
1-15 of 72Next