Why are you leaving your job? Read answers and share your response to this typical interview question. Share Your Answer
- For career advancement and growth. Better opportunity and high salary
- —Guest Joe
Why did you leave your job?
- I was on CONTRACT for more than one year and I am now looking for a career.
- —Guest Sue
No more weekends
- Iam leaving my job because i would like to be able to work nearer to home and not work on weekends.
- —Guest guest carol
Looking to return to my previous career
- I left my previous career in tech support to be a stay at home mom. Once my kids were in school, I took a part time retail job, but discovered that I wasn't a good fit for retail sales. Since I was happy in my previous IT career, I decided to return to it.
- —Guest bmhill71
Why did I leave my job
- I had left my last job due to a dispute I had with one an employee and the manager on at the time. So what I'm asking is how so I cut the corners on that question if asked... why did you leave your last job or if reapplying ...
- —Guest jose
Abuse in the Workplace
- I left my last two jobs due to bullying in the workplace. I left the first job because the doctor hired two employees at the same time and they started making up lies and putting their hands on me. It was so bad that I had to take anti-depressants. I had numerous meetings with the doctor but the situation wasn't resolved. Instead they started saying that I was the one who was starting the problems. It was really affecting my job performance so I had to leave. I was really disappointed with the doctors. I was there for two yrs and really worked hard and stayed late sometimes. I left the last job because my boss was verbally abusive to me and another co-worker. He would humiliate me and scream at me in front of patients. I have no confidence in myself when I go to job interviews. What should I say without saying negative things about these two companies?
- —Guest rosie
"Why are you leaving your job?"
- Literally, I am very satisfied with my previous job, but just because of long travel daily I would like it and your organization is only 10 minutes away from my house. That's why I feel that it's a suitable job for me.
- —Guest Waseem Baig
Why did you leave your last job?
- My last job was a very good job,but I am looking forward to a new challenge and to grow my career. I am interested in an opportunity to use my work skills and experience in a different capacity than I did in my last job.
- —Guest Andrea Mejia
- I'm leaving my job, because I expect to find more profitable place to work and to experience myself in a different fields.
- —Guest Kimmy
- @ juliet: you should never--repeat, never--badmouth your former employer. Please reread the article, as it addresses this very well.
- —Guest Lixfer
I'm leaving my job
- I'm leaving my job to look for better opportunities.
- —Guest Lhen
- I am leaving job because my work in company is very good, so I was promoted as a higher level. As my co-workers, I always help.
- —Guest bikash
Change in Focus
- I resigned from Hewitt to focus full-time on finding a job that is closer to home and one that will use my complement of skills and experience in a different capacity
- —Guest Vicky
Student vs. Career
- The company I work for is a part time environment that was ideal for my life as a student, but now that I'm looking for a career, the opportunities presented to me do not fit.
- —Guest courtney
- I left my job because the management never cares for their lower employees, They only they cares about their positions.
- —Guest juliet
My Boss Retired
- I'm leaving my job because my supervisor retired. I felt that after many years of working in the office that it was time for a change.
- —Guest Michelle Bacheldor