CASIO COMPUTER SCAM JAMES CATHOLIC
- I was contacted via craigslist by James Catholic from Casio computer company. I did an online interview (very strange) and was "hired" but then I asked for his supervisors's name and phone number to verify the position. He ignored me and would not respond. He did provide me with Casio's website, but obviously this is some sort of scam. I plan on reporting this guy to Casio. His spelling was horrible and he was very unprofessional, so he's not fooling me. Don't let this guy get your information. When I straight out confronted him about the job being a scam, he signed offline.
- —Guest LeslieM
WALGREENS? VISA? SCAM?
- THERE IS A COMPANY ON CAREER BUILDER CALLED IMPACT BIO-HAZARD CHEMICAL CO. IF THE COMPANY IN QUESTION, CONTACTS YOU, YOU ARE A POTENTIAL VICTIM OF A SCAM. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY A COMPANY TO PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK AND THE COMPANY THEY CLAIM, THAT DOES THEIR CHECKS, HAS NO TRACK HISTORY OF THEM IN THEIR DATA BASE!!! THEY ASK YOU TO PURCHASE A VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD AT WALGREENS, AND THEN THEY GET THE INFO FROM YOU AND TAKE OFF WITH YOUR MONEY!!!! IF YOU HAVE TO QUESTION IF SOMETHING IS A SCAM, IT PROBABLY IS! EDUCATE YOURSELF, DO RESEARCH! NOTICE THERE IS NO OFFICE ADDRESS PROVIDED WITH THIS COMPANY!! I HOPE THIS PAGE HELPS YOU AND GOD BLESS! * note: to find out if a business is accredited go to http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-accredited-businesses type in the name of the business, and if it doesn't show up, then you know better.
- —Guest IMPACT BIO-HAZARD CHEMICAL
- I got this email too. But I knew from the second i got it, it was fraud. I was ready about internet scams, so I seen this what you guys have posted thanx by the way. But I scared him. I did play it off like I was working but I didn't share any info. James Catholic tried to get my info but when I didn't send him my account info he started asking how will he send the check. So I then busted him out. .
- —Guest me
- Telecommuting job (Admin clerk or accounting clerk, etc). $15/hr or $20/hr. They'll want to interview you immediately via yahoo IM. The interviewer will then email you a bunch of questions to answer. What do you understand by Business Ethics & Customer Relations? Etc Then you’ll be sent a generic email saying that you’ve been hired and that the company will send you some funds to purchase equipment (4 in 1 printer, fax, scanner, and copier), a laptop…. Training is for one/two weeks at $10/hr then once you start working 20/hr. During training they will have you do a bogus task/internet research: This is to introduce you to EDGAR, the SEC's database of financial. information about publicly owned companies. The SEC maintains EDGAR to give the public free access to information about publicly owned companies. Instructions. Access EDGAR at the following Internet address: http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar The whole time you’re training you aren’t able to do a company search because th
- The scammers made a listing on Craigslist Atlanta for an administrative assistant position at a leasing company. When I replied with resume they sent this badly-edited response dropping a lot of company names that are famous-sounding. Here is the text: Dear applicant, ABOUT US Forbes Shopper® LLC is a premier mystery shopping company, serving clients across America and Canada with over 500,000 shoppers available and ready to help businesses better serve their customers. Continual investment in the latest internet and communication technologies coupled with over 18 years of know-how means working with Ebay Secret Shopper® LLC is a satisfying and rewarding experience..." Then they ask you to go to your bank and Western Union. They are grooming you for the money scam. Name used: Damon Gold as an "HR Representative"
- —Guest Job Seeker
Data Entry Clerk via Craigslist.com
- This is by most the cruelest scams I've ever ran across in my life. Never have I been so HUMILIATED and ENRAGED by the antics that they devised to lure innocent people who are trying to work or supplement their income. Not only were they rude but short and vague with their answers. They pretended to host an interview and send the "results" to their HR department! He went by the name of Mr. James Catholic (firstname.lastname@example.org). They requested that you create a yahoo messenger account and interview with them via yahoo messenger. They wouldn't provide me with a phone number or contact information. I am utterly disgusted by whoever is behind this!
- —Guest Myoung
Foundation Invest Scam
- We are working on your application at this time. In order to proceed to the next step you will have to sign a Probation Period Agreement. You can download it by following the link: http://www.foundationdownloads.com/_policyAA.doc It contains thorough job description, compensation details, benefits, terms and conditions and all other important information regarding the Administrative Assistant position. You should read it carefully, complete, sign and return a signed copy either via email or by fax: 8324871793. I'll be your supervisor during the probation period. For the commencement date please choose any date within two weeks from today. I'll be able to arrange a formal phone interview once I receive a signed document from you. Best Regards, Ruben Adelman HR Department Should be careful, a check of company website on whois shows domain is only a week old. They want to direct deposit your pay, so obviously want to get access to your bank account.
- —Guest jwbill56 Phoenix, AZ
- This company contacted me via Monster.com. They are fake do not give them any information!
- —Guest Scammed in CA
Casio Computer Company Scam !!
- I was sent the the same email for casio computer company they ask you to set up yahoo.chat and when the guy contacts you he tries to get you to set up an add on craigslist for him. They are using the name James Catholic now !! I am happy I got out of it before more personal information was spilled from my mouth. he did not even know what city boston was ? He asked if it was a state !! I should have known spelling was soo bad. I hate that people take advantage of us in this awefull economy. CASIO COMPUTER COMPANY SCAM SCAM !!
- —Guest upset
- From: Mohd Wahab Associates < email@example.com > Subject: UPDATE To: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: Tuesday, 29 March, 2011, 7:54 Noted and acknowledging receipt of your email and following upon your request I am working as been directed by your employer and they said the entire applicant who do not presently posses their valid Malaysian residence/working permit clearance are expected to shoulder the expenses regarding to the acquisition but will be adequately reimburse by their management after they have successfully acquired and forwarded the copy of their working permit clearance to their management. However, if you need further clarification regarding to the required fees for the processing of your immigration necessary permit clearance, you have to contact your employer. My obligation is to assist and direct you on how to procure your necessary permit clearance from immigration department of Malaysian for the onward collection of your working permit visa in any
- —Guest dan
West Coast Bartenders Association
- (310) 281-6112 Avoid. Company is a scam that advertises jobs as Bartenders. They are really selling a training course for $200 Bucks
- —Guest Carmello
work at home scams
- Avoid Vensure International--they get you in by paying $97 to be "screened" if you are a candidate, then get the big gun to call you and talk for 2 hours; he succeeded in getting almost $5500 charged to my credit cards, then provide little support and mislead seniors like myself. It's disgusting for some fat cats in Utah to be scamming people on a fixed income like me--I feel used and angry, but will keep on exposing them until I die or get my money back!
- —Guest vc
Security Scams LA / OC (310) 281-614
- This company is active in Los Angeles & Orange County. Same ad, new number (310) 281-6147. scamwatch
Security Scam San Diego 858-492-8475
- Total scam probably the same company thats listed here. In San Diego they were called So Cal Loss Prevention. $300 Rip Off.
The Ladders Resume Critique Scam!!!
- I am a professional resume writer and have had over 40 clients show me the "critique" that was done on their resume by Ladders. THEY WERE ALL THE SAME BESIDES A FEW CUSTOMIZED PHRASES FROM THEIR RESUME.. IT IS A SCAM TO SCARE YOU AND GET YOU TO PURCHASE THEIR SERVICES! this is a part of the critique... Michael, My name is Michael, I am an Executive Resume Analyst and have reviewed over 20,000 resumes throughout my career. Because many candidates have difficulty viewing their resume objectively as a marketing tool, it is my job to evaluate how well your document distinguishes you from your competition. Before I begin the critique, I would like to warn you about my style because my comments can seem frank. But the reality is that the job market is very competitive now, so I find it beneficial to help you develop your resume by being direct. In the analysis below, I have outlined the weaknesses I currently see in your resume.