If you need a different excuse, here are even more work excuses you can use when you need to take time off from your job.
- Be 3 hours late and say your girlfriend had false labor.
- —Guest mbaly
- I found that food poisoning is the best go to for getting out of work because it can strike at any time and everyone knows how bad it can be.
- —Guest Storm
- Tell them your contacts ran out and you lost your glasses & without then you cannot see. Works for me!
- —Guest Anndrea Blanco
- This once worked for me. When I first got into work i had a friend call my work acting like my uncle and telling a co worker that I needed to leave now because someone in my family just got in a bad accident.
- —Guest rob stoner
Not Okay with the Boss
- I was in the hospital for my diabetes. I called in and even brought a doctor's excuse to my boss. She told me it wasn't an excuse to miss work and that the doctors excuse didn't mean anything to them.
- —Guest Lilly
Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Wisdom tooth removal surgery is a good excuse, but make sure you go back to work with a doctor's note
- —Guest stephanie
- This always works. Tell them you can't work because you are going to a memorial service for your (someone close to you)
- —Guest Charlotte
- If you have a younger brother or sister just say that they have asthma and had an asthma attack so you can't make it in.
- —Guest kerry
Snow on the Carport
- I once had a guy call and say he couldn't come in because he had snow on his carport.
- —Guest LT
- "I can't come in today I have a cold, and its bad. I feel so bad."
- —Guest Bruit
- I was getting out of the bathtub and there was water on the floor. I slipped and bruised my tailbone on the tub. Needless to say, it hurts to walk, sit or do just about anything. Sounds believable, right?
- Say that a good friend had a accident near your office and you need to take him to hospital. You will get 3 hours off for sure.
- —Guest george
- "My mum is really ill an I have to take my sister to the dentist. Sorry I can't be in." Now you're at home where it's warm! :D
- —Guest matty
Worst Excuse Ever
- One day I was late for class and I told my teacher that my key had frozen in the handle of my door and as I was trying to lock my door my key broke. He totally did not buy it and I think I got detention :(
- —Guest Worst excuse ever
- This one worked for me. Tell your boss that you had a rear tire blow out and have to wait for a tow truck to pick you up.
- —Guest bike rider