If you need a different excuse, here are even more work excuses you can use when you need to take time off from your job.
- Something happened in my babysitter's family and now I have no one to watch my kids.
- —Guest Melanie
- I stayed with my girlfriend last night but I didn't know she had the chicken pox and now the doctor said I need 2 to 7 days off work to keep clear,
- —Guest kwa
- Best not to be out and about for this one. Tell you're boss that your car broke down a great distance away from work and you won't even be home by the time you are scheduled to work. Most of the time they will understand that it can't be helped.
- —Guest Gordon freeman
- Say you have a bad ankle injury. If you can't walk, you can't work.
- —Guest john barnes
In the Hospital
- Go to any hospital and ask to use the front desk phone. Call work and say you just got called into the emergency room because family member X was admitted in the wee hours of the night.
- —Guest Lazy Day
Car Won't Start
- If you live far enough away, say that your car won't start. Tell them you think there is something wrong with the engine and you're not sure? Act like you know nothing about cars, and sound frustrated to make it seem all real.
- —Guest buck
Ear Infection and Balance Problems
- You have a bad ear infection and are unsuitable for work because you feel unbalanced ... Can also add you don't want to make it any worse. It's a good excuse if you work at a warehouse or somewhere where you move things around or if you work in a refrigerator or oven.
- —Guest jorgeH
- So this doesn't often work but i'ts good for a laugh. What you do is call in and say that your having problems with your eyes. When they ask what the problem is, simply tell them you can't see yourself coming into work today :D
- —Guest Jay
Popped the Hip
- I took a tumble during the night and believe I may have popped a hip (generally only useful for ages 50+).
- —Guest who
Vomiting and Diarrhea
- Vomiting and diarrhea go together sometimes. Diarrhea alone sounds too gross and is kind of embarrassing to say. When you use both together it's easier to understand and not as embarrassing to say. Plus I'm pretty sure it's happened to your boss lol.
- —Guest guest
Get Someone Else To Do It For You
- My mum has always been someone to rely on to cover for me when I just felt way too stressed and needed out at school or work. This one time I was in my college and I literally was getting verbally abused all day and was so frazzled I felt like killing someone. I secretly called her asking her to call the college and say I had a doctors appointment that we'd forgotten about. From my mother or another known family member it's going to sound a lot more genuine. Just make sure it's not one of your idiot friends who calls in.
- —Guest Anon
- I got these a lot at school. It's when you can barely see out of either eye. Just make sure you have glasses\contacts. It's almost impossible to see straight.
- —Guest Dustin
End of the World
- If you want to get out of work, tell your manager you are convinced the world is going to end tomorrow and you want to spend your last hours with your xbox and maybe your family. It will work, there's a doomsday prophecy almost every week nowadays.
- —Guest Guest a
Being Ill for a Day or Two
- I had a gallbladder attack and was out for a week or so. After that almost every time I called out, it was for too much "pain" and I needed to get medicine. It works so well!
- —Guest Sean
Kids School Excuse
- Say that your kid has a school play or that they got in trouble and you have to pick them up and take them home but there's no one to watch them.
- —Guest No work 4 me