If you need a different excuse, here are even more work excuses you can use when you need to take time off from your job.
- I was in a car with friends and they hit a pedestrian. The pedestrian is fine but they want everyone to stay to view the scene.
- —Guest Ellie
Bad but it Gets it Done!
- I called in and said I had a family emergency just happened. I had to go into detail so I said my cousin lost her baby and we have to go to the hospital ASAP! I know it's horrible but hey it worked. Tragedy always works.
- —Guest JCuts
- Just say you ate the desiccant packet by mistake (you realize it fell in you smoothie in the blender) and you have to go to the emergency room. But the desiccant is made of silica and is non toxic. The warning is more about the risk of choking on the little package. But you were panicking right? ;-)
- —Guest Shannah
- I woke up in a bad mood, and I don't think I should come in today because I might start yelling at someone.
- —Guest pete
- As you only pay me minimum wage I can't afford the fuel to get to work today as I had electricity and water bills to pay this week. True story !!
- —Guest Ben
- I have pink eye or my child does. It's very contagious.
- —Guest veronica
- The garage door broke which strands your car because you literally can't open it since it is the broken spring that requires a garage door specialist to fix......
Headphones Stuck in Ear
- I once said I had a part of my headphones stuck in my ear and that I had to go to the emergency to get it out.
- —Guest Anonymous
Helping a Relative
- Your relative had unexpected car trouble and she needs you to pick up her kids.
- —Guest Homie
- i have to babysit some baby and that's why I can't go to work.
- —Guest Brigitte Ramos
- Tell your boss your wife/girlfriend was pulled over without a license, and you have to go pick your kids up or bail your girl out of jail.
- —Guest Odys
- Tell your boss that you're running a 101 fever and that you have strep.
- —Guest wilkerson
- Bathroom toilets going hay wire and can't get a 24 hour service that won't charge you an arm and a leg, have to stay home to wait otherwise they'll leave, leaving your bathroom useless.
- —Guest Guest
High Blood Pressure
- When i need a break from work i usually call and tell them that my blood pressure is up really high and i need to relax. Works every time, usually there are no questions asked when it comes to this, and the good thing is it can go down in a day, or it can be really high for a couple of days, however long you need the excuse. Everyone knows high blood pressure is nothing to play with.
- —Guest Diya
Get Off Work at the Last Minute
- Had a handyman working on removing one side of a wall and they cut through the frame, fear of beam colapsing and must address immediately as I showed up to check on progress and found handyman trying to cover up his bad deed. This actually happened to me but you could use any variation. Plumber, electric, landscaper hitting electric, water etc. Good luck! Works especially well if you have to see them later or explain why they saw you driving around town or at gas station etc.
- —Guest Shiaolee