If you need a different excuse, here are even more work excuses you can use when you need to take time off from your job.
I have an eye problem.
- I can't come in today, I have an eye problem. I can't see coming in today.
- —Guest Richard
- I go to work on a Tuesday normally but last week I didn't because basically I didn't want to. Rang my boss and this excuse worked for me....... Boss I'm so tired and my dog has all my clothes on so I have no clothes to come to work in....... My boss said get your clothes back off your dog then and stop being weird Ian...... I said ok so but it's gonna be harder than u think... He said why is this? I said because I'm afraid He might got cold.... My boss then replied you've got a cold I said yes I can't come in today..... Boss replied ok no problem c u next Tuesday........ Cheers
- —Guest Ian alwaysin
- I see some people with comments about how they came here 'looking for a legitimate way out of work, by telling the truth.' If you had a legitimate, truthful reason, you wouldn't have looked up EXCUSES. Pshh~
- —Guest The Meow Man
- Run up and down some stairs or something similar for 5-10 minutes build up a sweat, then proceed to the boss's office and say you have a high temperature and feel dizzy and u need to get some rest and sleep. Thank me later
- —Guest HungMan
- Just say that one of your family member is sick, and that you want to be there for them since it's just you two. Works well with children.
- —Guest Makano
- Request days of u need to get off because you committed to helping out someone for a cause, or other reason.
- —Guest h
It's Raining Cats.
- Sometimes I really wish I had kids. It would make getting out of work a lot easier. Maybe if my boss was a little more understanding I could tell him the truth and just take a personal day. I've used my cat as an excuse to get get a day off of work before (dehydration), but this one is my particular masterpiece. I had worked 14 days straight with no days off in sight, and I was feeling a little burnt out. I call up the boss-man, "I'm in the vet ER. My cat has jumped out of my second-story bedroom window, and she broke both front legs on impact. She's in shock, and I'm not sure how long I'll be." As always be careful when it comes to medical excuses. You might be asked for proof.
- —Guest Dainty Legged Kitty
My classic excuses
- I've used so many excuses to avoid work like, my car broke down, a family member is in labor, going out of town, woke up sick, taking care of my sick roommate, doctors appointment, and even that someone in my family had a heart attack.
- —Guest FailingAtLife
Keep a diary.
- Keep a diary of your days that you skive off work.. Write down each excuse you have given.. And then alternate them. Thats what I do!!
- —Guest Powder
- Tell your boss you're having an eye issue. When he asked what's wrong, tell him you just can't see yourself going to work today!!
- —Guest Gio136
Up All Night
- One of the best, I locked my key and my work stuff in the car, and my options are either my sister with a spare, who can' t get here for two hours, or a locksmith, who say they can't get here for an hour and a half. No boss will argue with that. The truth, though? I give too much, and my sister was freaking out because her husband fell off the bed in a diabetic coma, and I hate him, but I love her, so I ran to help her at 3am. We spent the whole morning in the ER as soon as the paramedics finally got to him. So I hadn't slept since noon the day before. I would have told the truth, but I've been told before that I wasn't needed if my sister was there. My boss doesn't realize that my sister did NEED me. When she gets scared, if she doesn't have help, she just freezes. I've tried to explain it before and got told to be in as soon as possible, and next time to leave her for work. On the other hand, they can't argue if I can't get there with everything I need to work. Works every time.
- —Guest Tired
- You or kid has an extremely high fever. Not feeling well at all.
- —Guest jesse
- There's always a good reason to stay home but the best is I am having terible morning with me wife because I ate the last poptart and she is setting my clothes on fire in the back yard. I called the boss.When he heard this, he laughed me off the phone. And this principle of keeping it light is very effective IF you are a good worker.
- —Guest just not up for today.
Need Something New!
- Ok so last week I really was sick, and so I did call in a few days. Well I am still getting over being sick but am so tired of using the sick excuse, and I'm sure they are just as sick of hearing it. I am so extremely tired and my throat is so swollen & I just flat out do not want to go to work today. So I have been laying here thinking and looking for excuses for the past 30 min & finally decided to pull out the old "my horse is sick" card. Colic is a very serious thing with horses and is potentially life threatening, I have used this excuse before, but it has been quite some time. It always works as my work family all know that my animals (horses especially) are my life. I just hate having to lie.. Why can't I just get my ass up and go to work like everyone else? Lol
- —Guest #imsogoingtogetfired
Too Much Work
- Part timers at school or university only- I said I'm stressed, with essays and revision up to my eyeballs, and ANOTHER job. I said I needed 3 months off (she usually lets people) but she told me it was too busy. Now I have to quit...so I won't have a job in my gap year. Well done me!
- —Guest Impossible