From the article: I Hate My Job!
Do you hate your job? Read about the jobs About.com readers hate and, if you hate your job, add your job to the list. Share Your Reason
- I hate this job. I work at a restaurant and they expect you to work there when you are sick. Also you are responsible for finding your own replacement if you can't fulfill your duties. 1.) They dont even have a list of employee contacts put up. 2.) If I am sick but have enough energy to chase down co-workers and get their numbers to schedule them to come in I am well enough to come into work. Also my schedule will say 8am-5pm but I won't get off work until 7pm. They say the schedule is just an "estimated" time, so in that case the time I come in to work should also be "estimated". I am a part time worker but working full time hours. Part time should be under 30 hours yet I am working 40. The turnover is terrible. I have not worked for this company very long but every week I have been here someone has quit. There are 4 managers on the floor, all complete idiots. They confuse the employees by one manager saying 1 thing and another saying the complete opposite. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE
- —Guest **** my job
The Place is Run Unfairly
- I work in a Sales call center. We deal with people who want to renew their contracts. However there is also customer service involved. When we get a call it is either 1. nothing to do with sales 2. someone mad and angry complaining about contract 3. Renew contract. ANDDD people that have been working there for a while they have it so that the only calls they get is from people who want to renew while the "lesser" people that haven't been there a while have all the angry customers and nothing to do with sales. I understand seniority but why would they expect anything from us to meet sales expectations when its every one is not getting the same calls? PLUS they give out OUR sales phone # to all customers so no wonder they don't wanna buy its because they are calling about something else!! So we are held accountable in the end. Last month they lowered our pay and raised our goals. I'm changing my job asap! Then they wonder why people leave all the time -- BUHHH you guys are idiots!
- —Guest Me
- I hate my job. I have had a lot of days end in tears. I sit in front of the computer all day and answer phones for an insurance company. This lousy company expects more and more out of our performance to where its nearly impossible to meet their goals. People are so nasty on the phones and we have to kiss their butts. My supervisor is an a hole so want to quit!
- —Guest red
Underminded, Underpaid and Too Nice
- The manager steals from company while warning us that employees always take from the company and this is awful according to her. This is followed by being told daily I'm doing my job wrong and I do ugly work which is funny because our customers are always thanking me and telling me how beautifully I've made the end product. It's so contradicting and annoying. You say I do ugly but our customers say I do amazing. You say don't take from company while giving stuff away to your friends and family. Seriously, you're unprofessional and FYI, state holidays are paid regardless of whether I work that day but not according to my company. Same goes with no breaks, even if you work 5-8 hours, It's just ridiculous.
- —Guest m
- My boss is worthless. He sits at his desk texting and playing games on his phone all day. He belittles me to no end and thinks it's funny. To give him respect would be useless because he deserves every bad thing life can bring to him. And 2 weeks notice, I THINK NOT!
- —Guest He's worthless
No Jobs Means Putting Up with Bad Jobs
- I am a special education teacher and I work my butt off for kids that no one else cares about. The principal wouldn't get off his fat butt to give me a simple thank you if his life depended on it. If there was a hole under the school, he would make me teach my class in it.
- —Guest Ticked
School Can't Even Teach Its Own Staff
- I was offered a business role with an adult learning school filled with promise. Two & 1/2 years later I'm still waiting on that promise being fulfilled. Projects are consistently failing, with no accountability placed on the blockers who are more interested in waiting for a redundancy paycheck than fixing anything. Even training which was offered and part of my PD was consistently delayed, to the extent I ended up enrolling with the school as a public student and paying off my own back. Even when attempting to take on more training externally as the course wasn't offered at my organisation, I'm asked to hold off on it until 'next year' with the promise they'll pay, only to have it pushed back again when that time comes. Not to mention I haven't had a employee review in 18 months. Needless to say I question my own relevancy at this organisation. I actually feel sick watching this organisation bleed money.
- —Guest Broken Promises
Sick of Cans
- I'm no longer there but it was the WORST job imaginable. You sit for 12 hours and watch cans move down a conveyor belt. The temperature inside of that plant was SUPER hot during the summer. The machinery was garbage and it breaks down almost every 30 minutes. It was dead-end. There is no promotional opportunity there but they paid the employees enough to kill their desire to aggressively pursue employment elsewhere ($18.77 per hr). I used to wake up mad and go home mad every day. You work every other weekend and the place was so loud that you have to yell at the top of your lungs just to carry on a normal conversation. Oh HOW glad I am that I'm not there anymore.
- —Guest Can tinker
Owners Steal from Company
- I did enjoy my job till the owners, who are brothers, started fighting. Now everyone has to pick a side. I have actually had two pay reductions over the last 3 years. Even worse, the reason for the paycuts have been because the owners have been taking cash out of the company for their own personal expenses. It's their company so I've informed them that they are only stealing from themselves but all I get is a blank stare. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm getting out. I don't care where I go, but its got to be better.
- —Guest uhggg
- I hate my job! The plant manager is a arrogant self proclaimed God who talks about all the employees behind their backs, make sexual comments, and even mock a customer because he doesn't like they way they talk or act. I am 50 years old and have NEVER been treated so rudely and disrespectfully. Life is to short to spend 50 hours a week in that kind of environment. God willing , I will find a job that cares about a person's rights as well as job performance. I truly hope people like this manager reap what they sow and have the opportunity to know how they made others feel.
- —Guest Jaco
Coworkers from HELL
- Desperate for a job, I work in field I know nothing about. Training was nonexistent and my coworkers get so mad when I make a mistake or ask questions. To top it off I hear them gossip about it everyday. Hello!? We work in a quiet office, I can hear you guys!!!
- —Guest Confused
Just Not Run Right
- I have worked in my job at the same place for 20 years. In the last year or so I've been moved onto working weekends only as we have a new manager. He has been promoted from within our company. He has very little knowledge of our job but is very forward and face just seems to fit with top management. As I have said I have worked at the same site for 20 years and have a fantastic knowledge of the job. There is not a job on site I don't know and also I have built up a great understanding with the site management and the guy's on factory floor. You can understand my feelings. I just feel like I've been put out to graze on weekends and my valuable knowledge would be more needed Monday to Friday.
- —Guest Andy
I'm Too Young for This!!
- I currently live in a household where I'm the only one who works. I'm only 23, working at a fast food restaurant making a little bit above minimum wage. Nobody seems to want to hire me for anything else. I have way too many bills to pay (bills that aren't even mine), no car (can't afford one) and some days I go without food. All my friends have nice cars, nice clothes and fool around in college while I work 8+ hours going "Hi Can I take your order?" This is just insane. I go broke every time I'm paid! I am TOO young to start on this path like this. Something has got to change.
- —Guest Patrick
This is Bad
- I work for the NHS and work only with women! Big mistake, I don't fit in and I am constantly being undermined and undervalued. The backstabbing and 'tale' telling is horrendous! They drop subtle hints like I should not be there... and will report me to the line manager at the drop of a hat! - Time to move on :)
- —Guest Mark
New Company Same BS
- I make great money -- over 6 figures -- but feel I have reached a dead end of my career. Jobs are leaving my state faster than a room clears when someone breaks wind. Any new job it seems is the same, it's just how long can you put up with the BS of management. That is what kills America ....bad management. Heck they only promote people nowadays that do not threaten their position in the company. AKA the worst of the worst, if you're too good at your job you are dead ended for fear you might get their job one day. So tired of all the political BS in America too. It's DEMO vs REPUB and never ends. What happened to them working for us, they both are only interested in what they can line their pockets with and could care less what happens you and me. Between Corp America and political BS, they are destroying America and the once great nation we were. All of them are hypocritical liars, scam artists, and belong in prison. Yet they enjoy the good life while we are taking on water .. trying not to drown.
- —Guest Feed up Corp. America
1-15 of 321Next