From the article: I Hate My Job!
Do you hate your job? Read about the jobs About.com readers hate and, if you hate your job, add your job to the list. Share Your Reason
This Working Life is Killing Me
- I work in the UAW as an operator and i was on a work schedule that gave me weekends off but Monday through Thursday i worked 5:24pm til 4:24 am. I put in for a transfer because I loved the weekends but wanted more money and not such a weird schedule so I got transferred to a different department and went from 14.50/hour working 40 hours weekly to 18.11/hour working 48-56 hours at least but I don't get weekends, work straight eights, and on third shift (11pm til 7am which SUUCCKSS). On paper it looks great but I hate being looked doown on, and I have no education and I know I'm made for better than this. Plus, now I don't see anybody and I live a life of loneliness on this schedule. I am all by myself. I am into bodybuilding too and have lost nutritional/gym motivation due to huge depression. At least on my old schedule I could look forward to weekends but now all I can look forward to is work. I can't go back to my old schedule either. I need this to payoff a Cadillac I bought stupidly. WTF to do!?
- —Guest Getting more but losing EVERYTHING
Unsure of Next Steps
- I've been struggling ever since graduating from undergrad because I had the expectations that a good GPA and active life at college would make finding my "ideal job" a breeze. Boy was I wrong! It took me 8 months after graduating to find a so called "grown up job" and the sad thing is it didn't even require a degree. I was able to switch positions in the company which while paid more but still no degree was required. It was okay at first but I work in a call center and if you've worked in one before you'll understand how exhausting it can be. I'm in no way in a hostile work environment, I just can't seem to get over this frustration of feeling stuck. I wish I could simply do a job I want to do, instead of having to force myself to go in everyday with reminders of all bills I have to pay. I've applied to many positions and yet it seems I'm in the awkward phase where I'm not entry level but not yet experienced. All I can hope is I'm not the only one and it will get better soon.
- —Guest Guest Name
- I've been a Civil Servant for 7 years. The Terms & Conditions and security swung it for me. I felt lucky to have an employer who appeared to be committed to leading by example. However, over the past 7 years I've seen the benefits progressively eroded. I now feel like a cog in a huge machine. Exploited. The management are only interested in hitting targets whilst cutting costs. It's all about false economies so they get their fat cat bonuses -- oh and keeping wages low. Nobody cares about the workforce or how their decisions impact on the majority of employees. I feel utterly conned.
Working in a Hospital
- I really hate my job because its boring. I sit in a closed off room for 12 hours a night and basically try to stay awake. I hate always relying on someone for a break and half the time you don't get a break. I'm the only guy on my shift and there's a bunch of females. I have slept with most of them and I got divorced because of it and now they're all weird around me so work is also awkward. My directors and supervisors are a bunch of morons and can't get anything right around here. The pay is also really bad. Almost what McDonald's employees make and they are free to roam and do as they please. But the sad truth is I didn't invest myself in school so I'm an idiot with no choice really. I think about quiting every day I have to work and building wealth in some sort of criminal fashion but I'm too stupid and I would get caught quickly and I would be too embarrassed at shower time in prison (not very gifted). Thanks for listening to my rant and hopefully I'll get fired soon. Can't wait.
- —Guest Dave angurson
This Job Sucks
- The job itself is probably not that bad. In fact it's a nice living for where I live. But it's extremely demanding and requires an amount of multitasking that I've concluded I cannot do. On top of that, I've only been there two months and am still training. The person training me is the ONE person out of the 20 some odd people there that I absolutely didn't want training me. She makes me nervous and contradicts previous training that I've gotten all the time. To top it off, I am a guy working in a shift full of women who are entirely unprofessional and yak yak yak all day long and for me it's distracting so much that I sometimes miss vital info coming through. Now, they have been doing this for a while and are used to it and most of them are good at their job. I'm not good at it and in this atmosphere I won't be. I need another job but jobs are scarce and ones that pay this good are hard to leave. Bottom line is I want to just freaking walk out.
- —Guest Troubled
I Hate My Job
- I'm working as a flight attendant, and I do hate my job! Why? Yea mostly people will say "It is nice to be flight attendant cause you can traveling around the world!" "OMG you must have alots of money!!" And if I ask my mom to quit this job she will say "It's up to you and think again about it cause the salary is nice" Screw money! I hate my job cause it is very different tha n people's expectations! In my company we work very hard!!! We work like a robot! Sleepless, restless. And the sickest thing is we only get 6 days off per month! Can you imagine that? We must fly to 4 different places every single day! It is sick!! Normally flight attendents get 80-90 hours flight time, but in my company we get about 90-140 hours flight time! That's sick huh? I sometimes can not enjoy every lay-over time cause we only get 9hours rest time! Which is sick! Also I work with close-minded people who always want to know other peoples' problem! They are also bullying us! Sick enough and I really want to resign:(
- —Guest Tya
Unhappy for 2 Years
- My boss is a dentist..and he is the most selfish person I have ever met and also the dumbest person. He is unbelivable!!!! And my coworkers are the fakest most rudest drama queens!!! Most patients that come to the dental office have been very rude to me too!!! I'm a dental assistant..that everyone runs over me because I'm the kindest person ever and shy too. Everyone there thinks it is a freaking competition of who is better. They talk behind each others' back and then they fake to be your friend!! The dentist has a drug addict/dealer working with us and he knows and doesn't give a care!!! I'm waiting 3 more months and I'm out of there!!!
- —Guest Guest
Client from Hell
- Just found out that my client is getting ready to throw me under the bus, all because they do not agree with my assessment of the situation. Makes me sad because I've worked hard for them for over a year. Ready to quit, but can't until I have a new job. Don't know what to do.
- —Guest E
Steps Forward, Leaps Back
- I've work in retail now for 5 years. At first it wasn't so bad, but people come and people go. Now I hate it, the manager locks himself in his office and doesn't get involved. The assist. manager is a scatty cow who can't spell and forgets things which results in me getting whipped for something that is out of my control. All the other staff seem to be best of friends or related to each other so get it easy. I have customers who are 'always right' making complaints and false accusations resulting in more hot water for something I didn't do. I feel paranoid that everyone is blaming me. I hate it so much but its a case of better the devil you know. There are no jobs out there and i'm scared shitless to leave anyway!!
- —Guest wage slave
- I hate my job. Everyone I work with is a total idiot, especially my boss. So instead of complaining, I've already turned in my resignation.
- —Guest John Williams
Sick of This
- I don't really hate my job itself, it's just some people on it. Like my boss. She is just a two-faced annoying person. Some times she can be the sweetest and then the next day may be mad at you for something you didn't even do (yeah, like "I'm mad at everyone, go and die"). My job is boring as hell and the "backoffice"guys don't seem to be doing their job as they are supposed to... And it prejudices us all. They even accused me of me.. Let's say, "spamming" them and it's freaking annoying. And even before of that (like a week ago) my boss accused me of hanging up the phone on clients just because they hang up the phone on me, run out of credit or I don't know, I mean... Like seriously right now, of all the people i've seen doing that?? Oh! And I'm under the microscope. Also the payment is really low... Well it's the minimum but still. The enviroment went to shit this last month, the job is boring as hell and the payment... Worst of all is that I could had a much more better job.
- —Guest Angela
Hate it Already
- Just started as a busboy at a 5 star hotel and I already want to die. I have been given minimal training and the management gets mad at me when I do things wrong. The staff has been extremely cold and unwelcoming and now matter how hard I work it's never good enough! My boss will come into the kitchen and say stuff like "come on work harder -- we gotta keep it moving" and expects me to be a natural at it when I'm only 2 days in. Yesterday was a holiday and he forced me to stay 2 hours later than I was scheduled, despite the fact that I had plans with my family, without even a "thank you." I hope it gets better and I can learn to enjoy the job because if not, it's gonna be a long summer.
- —Guest node
- I work in McDonald's yea yea omg you work there! I don't care that I work there. It's not for dumb people, it's cheap labor. The pay it crap and I hate my boss. The managers stitch you up and when you know they're wrong they make it out so you're wrong and they're always right! I've been working hear 6 years now and I'm sick off it. I can't plan my social life because my boss doesn't put up the schedule till sunday lunch so I don't even know what I'm working the next day!! Finding a job is ridiculous! Everything is money money money!! I will never be able to afford to move out and I can barely afford my ca. Yeah, I'm good at my job and I love the people I work with but the job itself and the boss's and ops consultants pfftt sling one!
- —Guest lauren
- I work in retail. I F*CKING hate it. Sometimes, the customers will bring me to tears, and I can't control my emotions and my managers view me as a pushover. I feel like they all talk behind my back, and I feel really intimidated by them. This job is the reason why I'm depressed and chain smoking. But it pays the bills, so I'm trapped. :(
- —Guest babas
- I have been a professional dance teacher for 23 years. You only get paid for the time you are in class. You work all rehearsals and performances for free. You create your own curriculum, supply all your own music and teaching materials, pay for your own work clothes and attend meetings for free. I have a BA degree and have taught at a University, College, Public High School and Private Studios. It is the same in all of them. I qualify for State insurance and food stamps. I pay my own social security.. I have no savings, no retirement fund. The parents have become more critical, un-supportive and catty as the years go on. They think they could do the job better. My school director hires girls out of high school, who have no teacher training or technical training to teach the same students as I have and she earns the same amount of pay. I enjoy most of the children - and some of the parents - but if I could, I would quit this sucky-ass job in a heartbeat. No respect, no compensation.
- —Guest Stuck
1-15 of 273Next