The job I lost
I was in the hotel industry for a period of 13+ years. I was laid off due to "cut backs" in late 2008, and now my unemployment benefits are exhausted!
What it's like being unemployed
My Tier 4 benefits ran out in mid-August. I am facing a possible eviction from my home, I am trying desperately to play catch up with my rent by using what little means I had left. My bills are late also and I am cannot put food on the table.
I feel as though that the Senate turned their backs on people like me because the issue was not even debated on yet! I know the Senate is due to go out on yet another break for a period of 6 weeks?! We the unemployed (through no fault of our own) need to be heard NOW! I have a question to ask congress: What the hell are we suppose to do in the meantime! I know in nov. My voice will be heard!
That is providing my right to vote isn't stripped from like everything else has for example: my unemployment benefits (so no money), my healthcare benefits(in other words, if I get sick I am screwed), Because I am middle-aged and the unemployment rate being over 9% I can't find a job either!
- Pray to God that we are saved from this financial bondage. (Just like Moses did, in the bible).
- Don't give up on finding employment.
- Everyone effected by this issue needs to call their senators about addressing this problem.
- Attend the ralley march in washington D.C. To be heard!
- And to think positive (it's very important to do so)!