Why I Was Fired
I had a personality clash with my boss. She would not compose an employee handbook for her own company. Rules and regulations changed at whim. She did not hold open meetings because different rules applied to different people. I had problems with her socializing with favorite employees and openly having affairs with married men. I was told she was insecure and had to have the constant admiration of men to feel worthy. I was told she had to have long lunches with male employees to find herself. I did not want to get caught up in that situation. I did not feel comfortable with her abusive ex-husband hanging around.
What Being Fired Has Been Like
It has been divine intervention. I am reading positive thought books such as Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain and The Magic of Believing by Claude M. Bristol. I daily recite positive affirmations written on index cards. When I'm around other people, I take the initiative to speak first and try to find a complimentary remark. When I lapse into negativity, I reaffirm my positive outlook. Being fired was my subconscious taking back rightful control of my life. I am determined to embark on the path that I belong on. I am no longer betraying myself by wearing a mask and robotically going through the motions of a meaningless existence. I am empowered and inspired to dare to live my dreams. I am convincing myself that we are all a work in progress. I believe there is a lesson to be learned in every phase of life. Out of something negative can come something positive and motivational. I finally have taken a little time just for me, the precious time I used to only give to others. Now I realize that I am as deserving of it as they were.
- Read good books that teach positive thinking and creative visualization.
- Believe in yourself even if no one else does.
- Believe in a higher force and it will take a lot of stress off your mind.
- Remember how to enjoy the small things in life that you may have taken for granted before.
- Don't let it all be about financial insecurity. It will take up too much energy if you let it.
- Try to talk to others. There is healing in communicating. There is always someone else who has been where you are at or may have had it even worse. By sharing in their story, you will enhance yourself.
- Live healthy.
- Be well.