Even if you would prefer a full time position over a temp job, there's no need to mention it. That's because the temp agency, or the employer if they are hiring direct, wants to hire temporary workers who can commit to the job for as long as needed.
It's also important to focus on your flexibility, your high comfort level with working in new environments, your ability to communicate and work well with a variety of colleagues, as well as your availability for temporary jobs.
Review common temporary job interview questions and sample answers you can use to get ideas for your own personalized responses.
Temp Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Are you more interested in long term or short term placements? - Best Answers
- Describe your ideal co-workers - Best Answers
- Do you think a temporary job will be a good fit for you? - Best Answers
- How easily do you assimilate into a new environment? - Best Answers
- How would your colleagues describe your personality? - Best Answers
- If a permanent position became available, would you be interested? - Best Answers
- What hours are you available? - Best Answers
- What interests you about working a temp job? - Best Answers
- What personality traits do you possess that make you suited to temporary work? - Best Answers Would you be willing to work different shifts? - Best Answers
Temporary Job Articles and Advice
- Temporary Jobs
- Temporary Agencies
- How to Find a Temp Agency
- Temporary Job Interview Questions and Answers