Since you don't want to repeat what has already been asked and answered, it's important to have a different set of interview questions ready to ask during your second interview. Here are examples of questions to ask during a second job interview.
Second Interview Questions to Ask
- What can I tell you about my qualifications for the position?
- What are the top three qualities are you looking for in the person you hire to join this company?
- What is the most challenging part of this job?
- What is the biggest challenge someone will face in this job in the first 6 months?
- If I was to be hired for the job, how would you complete this sentence: "Whatever you do, _________."
- How do you think an employee in this position could best impact the company?
- What sort of management style would you say you have?
- What do you like most about working for the company?
- Can I provide you with additional references?
- What is the next step in the hiring process?
- When can I expect your hiring decision?
- If I were to be offered the job, when would you like me to start?
Company Specifc Interview Questions
When you're interviewing for the second time, it's more important than ever to show that you're knowledgeable about the organization. Learn everything you can about the company and prepare a few questions directly related to the job you are interviewing for.
To find information, review the About Us section of the company website and press releases issued by the company. Use Google and Google News (search by company name) to get the most current information and news.
For example, if the company's expansion plans are in the news, you could ask whether the expansion would impact your role in the company if you were hired. If the company is releasing a new product or service, ask if the new release would have any impact on your position if you were to be hired.
When you ask these types of questions, you're showing you've done your homework and you're engaged with what's happening at the organization.
Second Interview Articles and Advice