The job search engines are a good way to find tax season job listings. When you use the Advanced Search options you'll be able to search by type of position and narrow the results to include only job listings with evening hours. Here's how to search for seasonal jobs on the top job search engines.
Search for Seasonal jobs on Indeed.com:
- Use Indeed.com's main search page to search by keyword "evening" and your location.
- Or, click on Advanced Job Search or go directly to Indeed.com's Advanced Job Search page.
- Select a Location.
- Add Keywords: "tax preparer" or "tax preparation" or "tax advisor" depending on the type of position you are looking for.
- Click Find Jobs.
Search for Tax Season Jobs on LinkUp.com:
- Click on Advanced or go directly to LinkUp.com's Advanced page.
- Enter "tax preparer" or "tax preparation" or "tax advisor"in the keyword box.
- Enter your zip code.
- Select job tags if you are interested in a specific type of position.
- Click Search Jobs.
Search for Tax Jobs on SimplyHired.com:
- Enter "tax preparer" or "tax preparation" or "tax advisor" as a keyword and your location (city, state or zip code) on SimplyHire.com
- Click on Search All Jobs.
Job seekers can also apply directly to the employers who hire seasonal help. When you of know a company you would like to work for, visit the "Careers" section of the company website. You will find information on seasonal job opportunities, as well as permanent openings. In many cases, you can apply online and you may be able to schedule and interview online, as well.
Apply In Person
Many employers still accept in-person job applications, especially when hiring seasonal workers. You can pick up an application from the company and complete it on the spot or return it at a later time. Do know what dates, hours, and days you are available to work before you apply.
Job Search Articles and Advice