Rod A. Weisner
32489 Widgeon Avenue
Mission, B.C. V2V 5C2
Home: (604) 820-2340
To obtain the position of Child/Youth Care Worker or Recreation Coordinator, which will offer a variety of challenges and responsibilities where my abilities and skills can be fully utilized.
- Excellent personal motivation with a proven ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment, and independently.
- Focused, versatile, dependable, multi-task oriented, flexible, positive, emotionally stable, able to adapt effectively to challenging and emergency situations.
- Well developed skills in prioritizing, organization, decision making, time management, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Proven success in initiating, promoting and maintaining strong interpersonal relations. Able to deal courteously, professionally, and tactfully with the general public in a variety of circumstances.
- Qualified in Industrial First-Aid Level II application and care.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze situations accurately and effectively.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and SPSS for Windows.
Unrestricted Class IV Drivers License
Bachelor of Science with Honors
Major: Behavioural Science; Canadian Union College,1995.
Minors: Counselling, Sociology
Level 1 Coaching Certification
Coaching Association of B.C., March 1997.
Industrial First-Aid -- Level II Certification
St. John Ambulance, June 1998.
MISSION ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY LIVING, Mission, B.C. 1999 - Present
- Responsible for all aspects of the 1999 Recreation Program within the association.
- Duties include: Program implementation; Scheduling of activities; Coordination of participants; Transport and Supervision of participants to and from activities; Operating on a monthly budget.
Production Operations Worker & Industrial First-Aid Attendant
NORTHERN TELECOM, Burnaby, B.C. 1996 - Present
- Involved with the coordination and presentation of several Health and Safety related projects.
- Knowledge and experience in Wave Solder Machine operations, Through-Hole, Assembly, SMT Inspection, Paste Machine, Conceptronic Operations, In-Circuit Testing, BPCS, and Shelf Manufacturing.
JYSK LINEN'N FURNITURE, Coquitlam, B.C. 1996
- Maintained and promoted exceptional customer service and public relations.
- Retail sales, shipping and receiving, assisted with store set-up.
Teaching Assistant -- Introductory Techniques of Counselling Course.
CANADIAN UNION COLLEGE, Lacombe, Alberta. 1995
- Critiqued and instructed counselling sessions using the Carkhuff method.
- Proctored examinations and graded students on final counselling sessions.
Youth Baseball Instructor
BASEBALL B.C., Vancouver, B.C. 1991-1995
- Coordinated and supervised youth summer baseball camps.
- Established drills and instructed youth (ages 6-14) on the fundamentals and advanced skills of baseball.
- Exercised behaviour management strategies to maintain group order.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND RELEVANT ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
MISSION MINOR BASEBALL ASSOCIATION 1999
· Technical development coach of an 11-12 year old Pee-Wee baseball team.
Baseball Hitting Instructor & Coach
MAPLE RIDGE CARDINALS, Maple Ridge, B.C. 1997
· Developed, implemented, and instructed youth baseball camps for successful development of technical skills in the Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows area.
B.C. PARENTS IN CRISIS 1995 - 1996
- Developed, promoted and facilitated this self help modeled group.
- Connected parents with services and resources in their area that would assist them in dealing with their children's behavioral problems.
- Provided options, referrals to various resources and community agencies, and support for parents.
YOUTH TO YOUTH, Boulder, Colorado. 1992
- Participated in a weekend intensive group therapy training seminar.
- Organized and led-out in group activities, and therapy sessions.
Co-Facilitator (Guidance Counselling Center)
CANADIAN UNION COLLEGE, Lacombe, Alberta. 1991-1992
- Assisted and led-out in a student drug rehabilitation program, utilizing the twelve step program.