Marilyn M. Arnold
4500 Ridgewood Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38116
To obtain a position that will enable me to utilize my strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people.
La Petite Academy, Memphis, TN.
June, 2011 – present
- Plan activities that stimulate growth in language, social and motor skills.
- Provide children with individual attention.
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis.
Marilyn’s Lovin’ Touch, Memphis, TN.
May, 1999 – May, 2011
- Oversaw daily operations, managing a staff of 12 employees.
- Responsibilities included administrative, billing, personnel issues, policies and procedures, payroll and quarterly tax preparation and submission.
- Implemented curriculum plans.
- Maintained ongoing communication with parents regarding childrens' activities, behavior, and development, and responded to all parents concerns as they arise.
- Maintained records and reports on each child.
Overnight Stocking/Sales Associate/ Department Manager
Wal-Mart, Memphis, TN.
April, 1999 – January, 2004
- Responsible for customer service.
- Ordered merchandise and kept track of inventory.
- Created displays.
- Helped on the front line (Cashier).
- Unload merchandise off truc.k
- Assembly line.
Currently pursing B.S. in Elementary Education (Early Childhood PK-3 emphasis) at The University of Memphis.
Southwest Tennessee Community College, Memphis, TN.
- Associate of Science Degree
- Grade Point Average /4.0
- Earned 80% of tuition by working while carrying a full course load.
Knoxville Job Corps, Knoxville, TN.
- Nursing Assistant Certification