This resume is for a person seeking employment as a teacher. See below for more sample resumes and for cover letter examples for teaching jobs.
Sample Teacher Resume
City, State, Zip
Objective: To obtain a position as a Latin instructor at a private middle/high school in the Northeastern United States.
Teach For America, Chicago, IL
May 2007 - May 2009
- Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAST) and Content Specialty Test (CST) certified.
- Fourth grade English instructor at P.S. 123 (lesson plan development, grading, instructing).
- Teach for America training and certification.
Girls Volleyball Coach, YMCA, Chicago, IL
August 200 7- April 2009
- Coach 15 school-aged girls in Volleyball.
- Assist in planning Volleyball tournament.
Swathmire College Early Childhood Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
September 2005 - May 2007
- Responsible for leading educational activities for daycare-aged children, including interactive software, basic reading and writing skills.
- Responsible in assisting with all other classroom and administrative duties.
Camp Ramapo for Children, Rhinebeck NY
- Monitor special need teens (ages 13 - 17) during their daily activities.
- Counsel children, lead activities, promote safety, chaperone canoeing trips, enhance summer fun and learning experience.
- Live in same quarters as teen-aged girlss and worked from 7am-11pm, six days per week.
Swathmire College, Saratoga Springs NY
- Bachelors of Science: Education Studies (Provisional Certification in Elementary Education)
- Bachelors of Arts: Classics; Department Honors Universidad Autonóma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Study abroad, advanced studies in Education Languages
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Latin
- Spanish (conversational)
More Teacher Resume Examples
Teacher and other education-related resume examples including early childhood education, teaching abroad, and related positions such as youth worker and recreation coordinator.
Cover Letter Examples for Teachers
Review these examples of cover letters for teachers to get ideas for your own cover letters.