In addition, when interviewing for a job promotion, you will be asked specific questions related to the company, your role within the company, and the job you are applying for.
Job Promotion Interview Questions
- What do you like best about your current position at the company?
- What was your biggest success story in XYZ department?
- Why do you want to leave your current job?
- Can you tell me what you know about the position you are being considered for? How about our team?
- Why do you want the new position?
- Why should we consider you for this promotion?
- Are you the best candidate for promotion? Why?
- What training will you need to be successful in this position?
- How will you handle it if you don't get the promotion?
- If you were promoted, when would you expect your next promotion?
Use Your Insider Advantage
When you respond, remember that you have an insider advantage - you already work for the company. Differentiate yourself from the competition when you are competing with external candidates by mentioning your company-specific experience, knowledge, and skills when you answer the interview questions.
It's also important to give examples of successful accomplishments and projects, the goals you've met, and your achievements in your current position.
Job Promotion Interview Tips
Here are tips for acing a job promotion interview, so you can be prepared for an opportunity to move up the career ladder.
More Interview Questions
Before you go to the interview, take the time to review the "standard" interview questions that you will most likely be asked. Also review sample answers to these typical interview questions.
Job Interview Articles and Advice
- What to Wear to a Job Interview
- Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Top 10 Job Interview Tips
- Phone Interview Etiquette
- Job Interview Thank You Letters