When you are interviewing for a sales position, your goal is to sell yourself to the hiring manager. A sales job interview is among the most challenging of interviews, because candidates need to do more than just respond to questions.
Every response you give to interview questions should include concrete examples of your sales achievements. It's important to be clear about how you can help the company and how you can grow sales.
In addition, tailor your responses to reflect the company's products, services, and goals. Spend time on the company website and researching the company online, so you are clear about the company's mission.
Here are examples of common sales interview questions, along with sample answers you can use to frame responses based on your own qualifications, skills, product knowledge, achievements and sales experiences.
Sales Interview Questions and Sample Answers
- Are you comfortable making cold calls? - Best Answers
- Have you consistently met your sales goals? - Best Answers
- Do you prefer a long or short sales cycle? - Best Answers
- How did you land your most successful sale? - Best Answers
- How would your colleagues describe you? - Best Answers
- How would your (former) supervisor describe you? - Best Answers
- What are your long term career goals? - Best Answers
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? - Best Answers
- What do you find most rewarding about being in sales? - Best Answers
- What do you know about this company? - Best Answers
- What do you least like about being in sales? - Best Answers
- What interests you most about this sales position? - Best Answers
- What is more important, a quality product or excellent customer service? - Best Answers
- What makes you a good sales person? - Best Answers
- What motivates you? - Best Answers
More Sales Interview Questions
Review more sales interview questions shared by About.com site visitors and add your own interview questions to the list.
Interview Articles and Advice