For example, if you are applying for an administrative position, include Microsoft Office and other software programs you can use in your skills section. If you are a computer programmer list the programming languages, software, and platforms you have experience with in your resume skills section.
Customize Your Resume Skills
Customize the skills section of your resume to match, as much as you can, the requirements listed in the job posting. The closer a match your skills are to the job requirements, the better your chances of being selected for an interview.
Sample Resume Skills Section
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acess)
- Experience with QuickBooks and with maintaining office budget
- Ability to work with several operating systems, including Windows, Mac OSX and Linux
Here's an example of a full-size resume formatted resume skills section to take a look at.
Review Resume Samples
Review sample resumes so you can incorporate your resume template information into an appropriate format.
Resume Articles and Advice
- Top 10 Resume Writing Tips
- How to Write a Resume
- How to Create a Professional Resume
- Resume Objectives