Here are practice interview questions and sample answers for a variety of different occupations and types of jobs. Take a look at the questions, then consider how you'll answer them. Especially with the job specific interview questions, it's important to be prepared to show the interviewer that you have the skill sets (and the mindset) required for the job.
Practice Interview Questions and Answers
Entry Level Interview Questions
When you are interviewing for an entry level job, the questions will be different than those asked during interviews for higher level positions. Review these entry level interview questions when you're practice interviewing for jobs that don't require much experience.
General Interview Questions
There are some questions that are asked during almost every job interview including the most common job interview questions about your strengths, weaknesses, work history, accomplishments, and goals. Practice answering these questions and be sure that your responses match what you have listed on your resume and job applications. A slip up if you don't remember dates and job titles could cost you a job offer.
Here are job specific interview questions for a variety of occupations. Use them for practice interviews and frame responses so you're prepared to respond during actual job interviews.
- Administrative Assistant Interview Questions
- Call Center Interview Questions
- Customer Service / Retail Interview Questions
- Education Interview Questions
- Human Resources Interview Questions
- Management Interview Questions
- Nurse Interview Questions
- Non-Profit Employer Interview Questions
- Pharmacist Interview Questions
- Sales Interview Questions
- Teacher Job Interview Questions
- Tech Job Interview Questions
- Teaching Job Interview Questions
Practice Interview Questions Listed By Type of Job
Interview questions will be different based on the type of job you are interviewing for. For example, if you are interviewing for a part-time or a summer job, the interviewer will want to know about your schedule and the hours you are available. Here are the interview questions you'll be asked for several different types of jobs.
- Part Time Job Interview Questions
- Summer Job Interview Questions
- Teen Job Interview Questions
- Temporary Job Interview Questions
- Work at Home Interview Questions
More Practice Interview Questions
Here are even more practice interview questions including questions for behavioral job interviews, phone interviews, promotions, internal job interviews, mock interviews, second interviews and for the other types of interviews you will encounter during your job search.
- Behavioral Job Interview Questions
- Exit Interview Questions
- Informational Interview Questions
- Internal Interview Questions
- Mock Interview Questions
- Phone Job Interview Questions
- Pre-Interview Questions
- Questions About Your Skills and Abilities
- Second Interview Questions
- Situational Interview Questions
In addition to practicing answering interview questions, it's a good idea to prepare for the entire interview experience. Here's how to work on improving your interviewing skills and techniques.
Practice Interview Tips
There are simple ways to practice interviewing including using flash cards, dressing in interview clothes to practice, and recording yourself interviewing then playing it back to see how you did. Here's how to practice interviewing.
Interview Articles and Advice
- Practice Interview Tips
- Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Top 10 Job Interview Tips
- Behavioral Interviews
- What to Wear to a Job Interview
- Phone Interview Etiquette
- Job Interview Thank You Letters