In order to promote your profile, LinkedIn provides View My Profile buttons containing LinkedIn graphics that you can add to your email signature, online resume, your blog, or website. Here's how to get a LinkedIn button and add it to your email signature or online.
- Click Edit My Profile on the left side of the page, after you are logged into LinkedIn.
- Click Change Public Profile Settings.
- Click on the "customized buttons" link in the "promote your profile with customized buttons" section.
- To add a LinkedIn button to a TypePad blog, simply click on "Add to My TypePad blog" and your button will be added to your blog.
- Or, choose a button and copy the HTML code in the box next to the button you have selected. There are a variety of sizes to choose from.
- The code will include a link to your LinkedIn public profile.
- Paste the code into a blog, website or online resume.
How to Add a LinkedIn Button to Your Email Signature
Adding a LinkedIn button or link to your email signature is a great way to direct potential employers and connections to your LinkedIn Profile. Here's how to include a link to your LinkedIn profile in your email signature.
Option 1. Add the URL of your LinkedIn Profile to your email signature. For example, I simply have the link to my LinkedIn URL in my signature: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alisondoyle
Option 2. To add a customized LinkedIn signature to your email messages, start by clicking on Tools at the bottom of the page when you're logged into LinkedIn. Click on "Try it Now" next to "customized signature" to set up a customized signature you can use in your Outlook, Outlook Express, or Thunderbird email.
There are a variety of layouts to choose from and you can select the information you want to include when you set up the signature.
LinkedIn Profile Tips
In addition, your LinkedIn profile can increase your visibility online and help you build your professional brand that showcases your background to prospective employers. Here are tips for how to make your LinkedIn profile stand out from the crowd.