In many cases, situation based interview questions involve problem solving and handling difficult situations in the workplace. The best way to respond is to provide concrete examples of how you handled a similar situation on the job. That way, you're providing the interviewer with solid information on how you would handle the situation.
The following are examples of situational interview questions, along with sample answers and tips on the best way to answer.
Situational Interview Questions
- If you know your boss is 100% wrong about something how would you handle it? - Best Answers
- Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it. - Best Answers
- What problems have you encountered at work? Describe how you dealt with them. - Best Answers
- Describe a challenge or problem you faced. How did you handle it? - Best Answers
- Describe a time when your workload was heavy and how you handled it. - Best Answers
Interview Articles and Advice