Are you a teacher with an interview on your agenda? Here are good examples of answers to interview questions and tips for interviewing for a teaching job.
Do be sure to take the time to personalize your responses so they fit your background, skills and experience.
Good Answers to Interview Questions For Teachers
- Why did you decide to become a teacher?
- What is your teaching philosophy?
- How would you manage your class if you were hired?
- How do you use technology in the classroom?
- Have you had experience boosting a student's self-esteem? If so, how?
- Would you be interested in participating in after school activities?
- What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?
- What applicable experience do you have?
- What did you like or dislike about your previous job?
- Which was most / least rewarding about your previous position?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What interests you about this job?
- Why do you want this job?
- Describe a time when your workload was heavy and how you handled it.
- If the people who know you were asked why you should be hired, what would they say?
- What are you looking for in your next job?
- What are your goals for the next five years / ten years?
- What philosophy guides your work?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Do you have any questions for me?
In Depth: How to Get a Job as a Teacher