Are you a teacher with an interview on your agenda? Here are good examples of answers to interview questions and tips for interviewing for a teaching job.
Do be sure to take the time to personalize your responses so they fit your background, skills and experience.
Good Answers to Interview Questions For Teachers
- Why did you decide to become a teacher?
- What is your teaching philosophy?
- How would you manage your class if you were hired?
- How do you use technology in the classroom?
- Have you had experience boosting a student's self-esteem? If so, how?
- Would you be interested in participating in after school activities?
- What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?
- What applicable experience do you have?
- What did you like or dislike about your previous job?
- Which was most / least rewarding about your previous position?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What interests you about this job?
- Why do you want this job?
- Describe a time when your workload was heavy and how you handled it.
- If the people who know you were asked why you should be hired, what would they say?
- What are you looking for in your next job?
- What are your goals for the next five years / ten years?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Do you have any questions for me?
More Interview Questions and Answers
Typical job interview questions, plus sample answers you can use to practice for a job interview.
Add an Interview Question
Have you been asked an interview question that isn't on the list? Share the questions you have been asked on job interviews and add them to our list.
In Depth: How to Get a Job as a Teacher
Job Interview Articles and Advice