Have a list of questions ready to ask, so you're prepared when the employer asks if you have questions. Bring your list with you, along with extra copies of your resume, a list of references, a notepad, and a pen to take notes, with you to the interview.
However, don't ask all the questions on your list especially if the questions has already been answered during the earlier part of the interview. Ask a few of them, but have the others in reserve in case you need them.
Interview Questions for Employers
- How would you describe the job responsibilities of this position?
- What qualities are you looking for in the person you hire to join this company?
- What skills and abilities are required to succeed in this job?
- How would you describe a typical work week for this position?
- What do you view as the most challenging part of this job?
- What is the biggest challenge someone will face in this job in the first 6 months?
- How would I get feedback about how well my work meets the expectations?
- Are there regular performance reviews?
- Is this a new position or am I replacing someone? What did the previous employee go on to do?
- Why is the last person who held this position leaving?
- How would you describe the work environment? Would I be part of a team or working independently.
- How many people are on the team I'd be working with?
- Who would I be working with and what are their roles?
- Who does this position report to? If I am offered the position, will I have the opportunity to meet him/her?
- Can you tell me about the company's management style?
- How would you describe the company culture?
- How does the company view the role of this department?
- What is the company's organizational structure? How does this department fit?
- Does the company foresee the role of the job or the department changing in the future?
- What are the prospects for growth and advancement with the company?
- Is travel expected? Could you give me an idea of how much?
- Is relocation a possibility?
- What do you best like about working here?
- What do you wish you knew before you started your job with the company?
- What don't you like about working here and what would you change?
- Would you like a list of references?
- If I am extended a job offer, how soon would you like me to start?
- What else can I tell you about my qualifications?
- Are there any other questions I can answer for you?
- When can I expect to hear from you?
More Interview Questions to Ask Employers
Share Your Interview Questions
How would you answer this question? Read more answers and share your best Questions to Ask the Interviewer.
Interview Articles and Advice