When you are a college student or recent graduate, it's important to relate your college education, extracurricular activities, and experiences to the job for which you are applying.
Here are sample questions you might be asked during an entry level job interview and sample answers. Do take the time to personalize your responses and connect them to your specific experience and qualifications.
Sample College Job Interview Questions & Answers
- Why did you select your college or university? - Best Answers
- If you could, how would you plan your academic study differently? Why? - Best Answers
- How would you prepare for important tests or exams? - Best Answers
- What college subjects did you like best? Why? - Best Answers
- What college subjects did you like least? Why?
- - Best Answers
- Describe your most rewarding college experience. - Best Answers
- Who was your best teacher, and why? - Best Answers
- If I were to ask your professors to describe you in three words, what would they be?
- - Best Answers
- What was your biggest challenge as a student, and how did you handle it? - Best Answers
- Do you think that your grades are a good indication of your academic achievement? - Best Answers
- Did you prefer working independently or in groups on school projects?
- - Best Answers
- Do you have plans for continued study? - Best Answers
- What extracurricular activities have you participated in? - Best Answers
- What was your greatest strength as a student? - Best Answers
- How has your college experience prepared you for a career? - Best Answers
Job Interview Questions About Your Experience
- Have you completed any internships? What did you gain from the experience? - Best Answers
- Tell me about your work experience? How has it prepared you for a career? - Best Answers
- Have you accomplished something you're proud of at work? - Best Answers
- What major problems have you encountered at work and how did you deal with them? - Best Answers
- What have you learned from your mistakes? - Best Answers
- What do you expect from a supervisor? - Best Answers?
- What is your greatest weakness? - Best Answers
- How do you plan to overcome your weakness? - Best Answers
- What is your greatest strength? - Best Answers
- How do you handle stress and pressure? - Best Answers
- How would you describe yourself? - Best Answers
- How do you think a friend or professor who knows you well would describe you? - Best Answers
- What motivates you? - Best Answers
- What unique attributes can you bring to this company and position? - Best Answers
- Why did you choose your major? - Best Answers
College Job Interview Articles and Advice
- What to Wear to a College Job Interview for Men
- What to Wear to a College Job Interview for Women
- Entry Level Interview Questions
- Sample College Student Resumes and Cover Letters
- Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Top 10 Job Interview Tips
- Job Interview Thank You Letters
College Job Interview Tips
When you're a college student or recent graduate interviewing can be a challenge, especially if you haven't interviewed much. That's especially true when you're interviewing for entry level jobs, because, in general, it's a level playing field with all candidates having the same basic qualifications. Here are tips for acing a college job interview.